BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Insomnium - Ephemeral Single (2013) Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Insomnium - Ephemeral Single (2013) Review Empty
PostInsomnium - Ephemeral Single (2013) Review

Insomnium - Ephemeral Single (2013) Review Epheme10

Insomnium - Ephemeral Single (2013)
Century Media Records -- Running Time 11:04

Two years on from their last album 'One For Sorrow' Finland's Insomnium return with their new single 'Ephemeral' in anticipation of a full album due in 2014. Insomnium have always been a peripheral band for me. I've listened to their previous albums and liked them without ever becoming a big fan only because you can only concentrate on so much, but they have continuously refined their sound over the years and even though some people call them predictable they are slowly but surely growing into the type of Melodic Death outfit that really piques my interest!

'Ephemeral' showcases the debut of new guitarist Markus Vanhala (Omnium Gatherum) who has replaced Ville Vänni and whether that has made an impact on Insomnium's sound I cannot say for sure YET. The title track, which will appear on the forthcoming album, is certainly faster than you would usually expect from them and it is incredibly catchy containing an instant chorus, but in keeping with its title, seems fleeting. Compared to some of their material it's almost a little throwaway, but in a very good way. In fact it's a perfect single release and will certainly appeal to fans of Scar Symmetry (yes that name again) and Dark Tranquility etc. Niilo Sevänen's growls are perfect for the music, his bass work also thumps convincingly as do the drums of Markus Hirvonen. Guitarist & vocalist Ville Friman also makes his presence felt!

This is however the only song of the four on the single that contains a full band performance. Remaining tracks 'The Emergence', 'The Swarm' and 'The Descent' are all shortish instrumental pieces and are absolutely beautiful. Acoustic guitar and keyboards are interwoven superbly and the melodies are gorgeous, almost cinematic. So, as I said, it remains to be seen in exactly what direction the new album will take but I'm certainly enjoying what's on offer here. I'm also going to compliment the excellent production and the wonderful colours and design of the artwork which also capture the name of this single. It's nice to see a band that puts real thought into the whole package even when there is only eleven minutes of music!

Insomnium - Ephemeral Single (2013) Review Insomn10

https://www.facebook.com/insomniumofficial
http://www.insomnium.net/index.php
https://twitter.com/insomniumband
https://www.facebook.com/centurymedia

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Insomnium - Ephemeral Single (2013) Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Insomnium - Ephemeral Single (2013) Review