BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

The Self Titled - Airlock/War Of Attrition Single (2015) Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful

Zodiac : Aquarius Metal Reputation : 1

The Self Titled - Airlock/War Of Attrition Single (2015) Review Empty
PostThe Self Titled - Airlock/War Of Attrition Single (2015) Review

The Self Titled - Airlock/War Of Attrition Single (2015) Review Airloc10

The Self Titled - Airlock/War Of Attrition Single (2015)
Self-Released/ADL Management -- Running Time - 9:19

SCORE
9/10

It's weird isn't it? I've only just reviewed Slam Cartel's new single and now I have another from The Self Titled, That's not the only similarity between the two bands! I saw them both for the first time live at the same festival in 2013, Both singles have two tracks, both were released at the tail end of 2014, both have had lineup changes, including new vocalists, who are better than the original guy and both have albums due in the latter half of 2015, but that's where the coincidences end because The Self Titled are much heavier and indeed these two new songs are proof that they have got even heavier than they showed on their debut album 'Defaced', which by the way is a footstomper of an album!

I first noticed the upgrade in heaviness when I witnessed them live at Bloodstock Festival in August 2014. New singer Neil Dean (who, at that time, had only very recently joined) blew me away with his power and confidence onstage. That confidence has very definitely transferred itself into the studio because 'Airlock' and 'War Of Attrition' are easily the best songs The Self Titled have released to date. Neil takes centre stage with his excellent range and ability to sing plus also muster a growl from somewhere deep beneath the earth's surface! His grunts sometimes remind me of Tom G. Warrior and he really spits the lyrics out with vengeance and emotion, it's violent stuff!

Kudos to the rest of the band as well who all put in fabulous performances. Guitars, bass and drums are literally on fire. Riffs fly at you from all angles, soloing is superb and the production is absolutely spot on. This all bodes very well for the forthcoming album. I have to be honest with you, I knew I would like this, but I just wasn't prepared for how damn good it actually is. The Self Titled have really upped the ante with 'Airlock' & 'War Of Attrition' and I simply cannot stop moshing! It's awesome but I want more!

The Self Titled - Airlock/War Of Attrition Single (2015) Review Logo_p10

https://www.facebook.com/TheSelfTitled/
http://www.theselftitled.com/
https://twitter.com/theselftitled
https://www.youtube.com/user/THESELFTITLED1

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley:
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

The Self Titled - Airlock/War Of Attrition Single (2015) Review :: Comments

No Comment.

The Self Titled - Airlock/War Of Attrition Single (2015) Review