BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Buffalo Summer - Self Titled (2012) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Buffalo Summer - Self Titled (2012) Album Review Empty
PostBuffalo Summer - Self Titled (2012) Album Review

Buffalo Summer - Self Titled (2012) Album Review Buffal10

Buffalo Summer - Self Titled (2012)
Cargo Records -- Running Time 35:33

This debut, self titled album from Buffalo Summer has actually been out for a while now, but it was digitally released fairly recently on all of the usual platforms and considering what a great 2013 the band have had, now is as good a time as any for me to add comment, plus the fact I was only sent this to review a few weeks back!

Buffalo Summer are a band I had heard much about but was late in actually listening to, mainly down to the mega large pile of albums I have to review. If you like Southern/Classic & Blues Rock and bands such as Blackfoot, Black Crowes, The Answer, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Sweet Taste and Roachford (look them up if you've not heard of them) then you'll love Buffalo Summer. Even their name conjures up the right image of the music. Full of hooks, catchiness, gritty riffs, clear vocals and great songs this album should have you reaching for the bottle of Honey Jack Daniels more quickly than Lance Armstrong can peddle a bike!!

From Neath in South Wales (Wales really are producing some great rock and metal acts at the moment) you would think they actually emanate from the USA's deep south, such is their command of the genre. Kicking off with 'She's All Natural' my initial reaction was a little reserved because I was expecting slightly more whiskey soaked vocals from 'Andrew Hunt', but his 'gravel free' delivery really grows on you and you can hear every word he sings. 'Down To The River' is next and that's when the album really hits its stride as far as I'm concerned. It's one of the best songs here and is full of Zeppelin and Skynyrd references. 'Jonny Williams' guitar work is fluid and his solos fit the songs beautifully. Likewise the bass of 'Darren King' and drums of 'Gareth Hunt' are uncomplicated but very tight. 'A Horse Called Freedom', 'March Of The Buffalo', Keep On Runnin' and 'Typhoid Mary' all zoom past with huge amounts of swing and groove and even though all ten tracks only add up to just shy of 36 minutes (I know I criticised albums under forty minutes recently), this does feel like a complete album!

You know that Buffalo Summer mean business because this album was completely self-financed and they've already earned support slots with the likes of Heaven's Basement, Ugly Kid Joe and Skid Row. They have also recently completed a short UK tour with Kadavar and played the UK's Download Festival this year. It's fair to say we'll be hearing a lot more about them in 2014!

Honestly, you aren't going to hear anything remotely original from Buffalo Summer, but it's all done extremely well and I would actually be very interested for them to give us a couple of longer workouts on the next album rather than the short, sharp three minute songs that are obviously aimed at commercial rock radio stations on this one. That being the case you really aren't going to go wrong with anything on here. Buffalo Summer quote themselves as being "Feel good rock and roll" and I for one am certainly not going to argue with that description because that's exactly what they are!

Buffalo Summer - Self Titled (2012) Album Review Buffal11

http://buffalosummer.net
https://facebook.com/buffalosummer
http://twitter.com/BuffaloSummerUK

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Buffalo Summer - Self Titled (2012) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Buffalo Summer - Self Titled (2012) Album Review

Page 1 of 1