BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Gehtika - Stack The Pyres (Single) (2014 ) Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful

Zodiac : Aquarius Metal Reputation : 1

Gehtika - Stack The Pyres (Single) (2014 ) Review Empty
PostGehtika - Stack The Pyres (Single) (2014 ) Review

Gehtika - Stack The Pyres (Single) (2014 ) Review Stack_10

Gehtika - Stack The Pyres (Single) (2014 )
Self Signed -- Running Time: 3:58

SCORE
9/10

Do you like a damn good cup of tea, biscuits (only the best Hobnobs of course), good manners and a bloody spiffing time? If the answer is yes then you need to discover the Gentlemanly Extreme Metal of Gehtika, from the Midlands, UK!

Don't be fooled by the weird name, odd face makeup, Victorian dress, theatrics, genuine humour and the fact they swapped a mental asylum for garden parties! This band are reminiscent, to me, of Morgue Orgy, Entombed, The Bukowski Family, Strapping Young Lad and on this new single Dimmu Borgir without the orchestration! This is a full on, testicle bashing Metal assault and it's done with immense groove. 'Stack The Pyres' is the single and it is a precursor to a new album!

Gehtika have had a very successful couple of years with 2013 seeing them getting increased amounts of coverage in the mainstream metal press and releasing a well received EP as well as victory in two competitions. Winning 2013's Metal 2 The Masses gave them the opportunity to play at this year's Bloodstock Festival. I was there and they delivered a totally and utterly bulldozing but ultimately jolly time, especially when they got the crowd chanting 'sp[iiffing' back at them. For all you US readers 'spiffing' is a very polite way to say excellent and it perfectly sums the humour that this five piece dish up!

Production on 'Stack The Pyres' is absolutely top notch, the playing is even better and the hooks are gargantuan. It's Heavy with a capital H but as with all the best Extreme metal Heavy doesn't mean blindingly fast and you just cannot but help jigging uncontrollably to the aforementioned groove!

I'll be seeing them again later in the year on the Birmingham leg of the Headbangers Balls tour, where 'cough, cough' I hope to politely interview them. So, Anthony Knight, Scott Allen, Topher O'Meagher, Psy Timms and Marc Lord get your best bone china ready because I'll be supplying the tea! This may only be one song but it is absolutely splendid!

Gehtika - Stack The Pyres (Single) (2014 ) Review Logo10

https://www.facebook.com/gehtika
https://twitter.com/GehtikaUK
https://soundcloud.com/gehtika

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley:
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Gehtika - Stack The Pyres (Single) (2014 ) Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Gehtika - Stack The Pyres (Single) (2014 ) Review

Page 1 of 1