BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Born Of Fire - Demo (2014) Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful

Zodiac : Aquarius Metal Reputation : 1

Born Of Fire - Demo (2014) Review Empty
PostBorn Of Fire - Demo (2014) Review

Born Of Fire - Demo (2014) Review Header10

Born Of Fire - Demo (2014)
Self-Released -- Running Time 17:35

SCORE
7/10

What I have here, thanks to the kindness of drummer Steve Dorssom, is the new four track demo from revitalised US Metal act Born Of Fire. Having recently reviewed Steve's other rekindled project R.I.P.SAW, and loving it, I was very interested to hear what Born Of Fire are now doing as I always liked their previous material. Armed with new vocalist, the talented Gordon Tittsworth (and very recently recruited bassist Michael Wolff who doesn't play here) this is the first new material from the band since their self titled EP release in 2001 and is a precursor for a new album to hopefully be released later in 2014!

Of course Born Of Fire are a different beast musically to R.I.P.SAW. Their sound revolves around the US Power, Traditional style of Metal influenced by such bands as Queensryche, Fates Warning, Iron Maiden and little bits of Iced Earth and if the four tracks here are a true indicator of the forthcoming album then the band could be releasing something very good indeed!

Bearing in mind this is a demo it still sounds pretty good, although any final product will, I think, need more punch in the snare drum department but that's not really what I'm here to review because this isn't being passed around, as far as I know, as anything other than a demo. What matters is quality of song and on that score Born Of Fire have provided four very competent compositions. Opening with 'Dead Winter Sun' is a brooding way to start with a melodic guitar line and Gordon's impressive vocals before sparking into life. There are good tempo changes and a short but sharp Middle Eastern flavoured guitar solo. 'Naked In A Cold World' is a much heavier affair with great chugging riff, double bass drumming and very impressive bass guitar lines. This track also introduces a slower bridge with semi harsh vocals which was unexpected. Vocals throughout the demo are quite Geoff Tate in style (you know me though that I always have to add I mean Geoff Tate when he was good) and nowhere is that comparison more apparent than on next track 'One Last Goodbye' which is a more balled driven affair that builds slowly towards its climax and is very Queensryche in nature. Last, but not least, is 'When Hope Dies', another song full of great time changes, levels of power and once again some very good bass work!

Overall, this is a much more than solid set of music from Born Of Fire, especially if you like any of the other bands mentioned and should see their name placed back on the metal map! Whether they can remain there will depend on the quality of the new album in its entirety but this is a good start!

Born Of Fire - Demo (2014) Review Born_o10

http://www.bornoffireusa.com/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Born-of-Fire/498173826897778
http://label.noremorse.gr/bands/item/59-born-of-fire

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Born Of Fire - Demo (2014) Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Born Of Fire - Demo (2014) Review

Page 1 of 1