BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

The Deep - Demo (2013) Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful

Zodiac : Aquarius Metal Reputation : 1

The Deep - Demo (2013) Review Empty
PostThe Deep - Demo (2013) Review

The Deep - Demo (2013) Review The_de10

The Deep - Demo (2013)
Self-Released -- Running Time 21:20

Score
9/10

Facebook can be a pain sometimes, but on the whole it's been a fantastic way for me to interact with and find out about bands. It was purely by chance I saw a post talking about The Deep and I duly decided to check them out! I'm damn thankful I did because this four track demo, recorded late last year, is an absolute blinder!

The Deep, is not really a new band as several members were originally in NWOBHM act Deep Machine (circa 1982), but, as a version of that band also exists they have reformed under the adapted name! If you love early classic British Metal with a stack of hooks and melody, but with a rejuvenated spirit and masses of talent, then there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that you have to check these guys out. Listening to this brings to mind a union between classic Saxon, Iron Maiden, UFO and perhaps latter day Uriah Heep all wrapped up with a great production (and don't forget this is just a demo). There are obviously plenty of other influences seeping through as well, but at the end of the day this is just great metal that has brought a huge smile to my face!

Vocalist Tony Coldham still has an incredible voice and he is the highlight on all four tracks. His power and melody combine effortlessly and many younger metal singers could well learn a thing or two if they were to listen to him. I'm not going to take anything away from the rest of the band though. Paul Smith and Mick Feleppa's guitar work is absolutely top banana (for all my US friends and readers that means bloody brilliant), new bass player Don Whiberley keeps it all locked down nicely as does drummer Steve Kingsley, there are some fabulous backing vocals and choruses which stick in your head like glue and the whole thing sounds way better than many signed bands I've heard recently. There are no standout songs because they all standout!

This is the sound that got me into metal and rock back in 1981/82 so it will always have a special place in my heart, but The Deep aren't content with living in the past. This sounds fresh and exciting and with gigs being planned and an album hopefully out by the end of 2014 things are definitely bubbling to the surface! Check out this YouTube link for the opening song 'Premonition' and bang your head!

The Deep - Demo (2013) Review The_de11

https://www.facebook.com/thedeep.nwobhm
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Deep/338137486254208
http://www.unsignedbandweb.com/music/bands/18579/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxGFIJstIgA

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

The Deep - Demo (2013) Review :: Comments

No Comment.

The Deep - Demo (2013) Review