BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Born Of Fire - Anthology (2012) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful

Zodiac : Aquarius Metal Reputation : 1

Born Of Fire - Anthology (2012) Album Review Empty
PostBorn Of Fire - Anthology (2012) Album Review

Born Of Fire - Anthology (2012) Album Review Anthol10

Born Of Fire - Anthology (2012)
No Remorse Records -- Running Time 67:33

SCORE
8/10

In May this year, I reviewed the latest demo from US band Born Of Fire, a precursor to new album 'Dead Winter Sun' which is being released in November. Very good it was too and I'm pleased to see them coming back! At the same time, Born Of Fire and RipSAW drummer, Steve Dorssom sent me this little beauty. 'Anthology' collects Born Of Fire's previous recorded output and was released in 2012 on Greek label No Remorse Records. It comprises their Demo from 1999, debut album 'Transformation' (2000) and the Born Of Fire EP (2001) and if you've not heard of them before, or like me, didn't have the recordings on CD, then it's a great collection to own!

Born Of Fire are a Classic US Metal Band, so if you love Queensryche, Iced Earth, Fates Warning, Iron Maiden, Shadow Gallery and perhaps even a tinge of Annihilator at their most sedate then this is going to be a must have for you. In the early 2000's Born Of Fire created quite a stir in metal circles with their debut album, demo and support slots to heavyweights such as Sacred Reich, Flotsam & Jetsam and Armored Saint. As happens, so often though, they drifted apart and didn't cross paths again until this compilation was put together in 2012. Those years from 1999-2004 were still quite bleak for Metal as they struggled to recover from the decimation that Grunge had caused, so even I didn't find out about Born Of Fire until 2005-06 by which time they had disappeared!

While it's fair to say Anthology doesn't show a band at Operation Mindcrime or Somewhere In Time levels, Born Of Fire were certainly more than just a wannabee second wave band. They wrote some extremely good songs. Check out opener 'Centrifuge', 'Lifemares', 'On The Run', 'In Solemn We Suffer' or 'Fire And Brimstone' for perfect examples. All vocals on 'Anthology' are handled by James Davis, who is no longer with the band, but he still has a fine voice comprised of 80% Geoff Tate and 20% Bruce Dickinson. Steve is an excellent drummer mixing light, dark, power and delicacy in equal measure and guitarists Victor Morell and Bobby Chavez (who also handled bass) are also both very talented!

Even though 'Anthology' has been out nearly two years, and contains songs around fifteen years old, it's a timely reminder as to how good Born Of Fire were and hopefully will be again. They certainly deserve to be more well known outside of the US and with the aforementioned new album being released on the excellent German Label 'Pure Steel Records' the rest of Europe and the UK should be hearing a lot more about them over the next twelve months!

Born Of Fire - Anthology (2012) Album Review New_lo10

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Born-of-Fire/498173826897778
http://www.bornoffireusa.com/
https://www.facebook.com/NoRemorseRecordsGreece
http://www.noremorse.gr/

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley:
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Born Of Fire - Anthology (2012) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Born Of Fire - Anthology (2012) Album Review