BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Def-Con-One - Brute Force And Ignorance Vinyl EP (2013) Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Def-Con-One - Brute Force And Ignorance Vinyl EP (2013) Review Empty
PostDef-Con-One - Brute Force And Ignorance Vinyl EP (2013) Review

Def-Con-One - Brute Force And Ignorance Vinyl EP (2013) Review Dco_br10

Def-Con-One - Brute Force And Ignorance Vinyl EP (2013)
Night Of The Vinyl Dead Records -- Running Time: 17:00

HOLY SHIT!!! If any small minded idiot actually decided to press that big red button and try and end the world you wouldn't need to retaliate with more weapons because I have the perfect solution. Just play the new Def-Con-One EP 'Brute Force And Ignorance' at ultra volume and they would be reduced to dust!

Def-Con-One and their debut album 'Warface' (2012) have been regular visitors to my CD player for months now and I never get bored with listening to it. To keep us sane while we eagerly await the next album Antton, Davey, Johnny and Steve have seen fit to release this limited edition, vinyl only EP, in conjunction with the fabulous company 'Night Of The Vinyl Dead Records'. Housed in a gatefold cover, the vinyl is coloured 'Nuclear Green' with all four tracks being on one side and the bands signatures scrawled into the other. It's a fabulous package and if you are a fan of vinyl then you have to check this company out!

If you thought, as I did, what a brilliant album 'Warface' was, then be prepared to pick yourself up off the floor when listening to 'Brute Force And Ignorance' because Def-Con-One have taken it to the next level. Pummelling groove metal is the order of the day and it hits you like a freight train. Antton's drums and Steve's bass are absolutely massive and drive the band forward relentlessly. Rhythm is a huge part of the DCO sound and complemented with Johnny's massive riffs the songs do not need to rely on lots of fiddly solos. Biggest award, this time around, however, goes to Davey whose vocal range is improving hand over fist!

Of the four tracks, three might already be familiar to fans of the band. Opening with the brand new title track gives everyone a brief glimpse of where the band are heading musically and believe me it's very definitely in the right direction, 'No More Hate' was released as a free download earlier this year and is a killer song and 'Caving In' & 'Weapons Of War' are reworked tracks from earlier in the bands career and they've now been given a completely new lease of life, proving just how far Def-Con-One have come as a unit.

As far as I'm concerned absolutely no-one else sounds like Def-Con-One, they have created a sound that is totally individual and it's one that they can re-create perfectly live. If you don't believe me then go to a gig and have your skin shredded! Production and mix is once again absolutely incredible and the black and white artwork of the album has been replaced by something altogether more colourful, in your face and sick! Get a copy now before it sells out! Without hesitation I'm saying that album two is going to be a beast of epic proportions!

Def-Con-One - Brute Force And Ignorance Vinyl EP (2013) Review Dco_br11

http://def-con-one.tripod.com
https://www.facebook.com/defcononehq
http://www.nightofthevinyldead.com

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley: www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Def-Con-One - Brute Force And Ignorance Vinyl EP (2013) Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Def-Con-One - Brute Force And Ignorance Vinyl EP (2013) Review

Page 1 of 1