BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Max Pie - Eight Pieces: One World (2013) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Max Pie - Eight Pieces: One World (2013) Album Review Empty
PostMax Pie - Eight Pieces: One World (2013) Album Review

Max Pie - Eight Pieces: One World (2013) Album Review Eight_10

Max Pie - Eight Pieces: One World (2013)
Mausoleum Records / Rock N Growl Promotion -- Running Time 53:12

'Eight Pieces: One World' is the sophomore album from Belgium based Progressive Metal outfit Max Pie (I have to be honest, I'm not keen on that name) and if you like Symphony X, Pagan's Mind, Dream Theater, Kamelot, DGM etc then this lot are very much worth your time and effort. They formed in 2005 as a Classic Rock band but have since evolved their style. Debut album 'Initial Process' was released in 2011 and completely passed me by so I will have to check it out. Pretty much everything you would expect is present on this album from great arrangements, blistering guitar and keyboards courtesy of 'Damien Di Fresco', pulverising drums and bass from 'Sylvain Godenne' and 'Olivier Lemiere' respectively and also the odd ballad. Eight Pieces has been beautifully mixed and mastered by DGM guitar wizard and producer 'Simone Mularoni' (who also guests on two tracks namely 'Earth's Rules' and 'Don't Tell Me Lies'). Let's face it, if you want a Prog or Power Metal album to sound fantastic then Mularoni is your man and everything is wrapped up with some great cover art. Max Pie have toured with Jon Oliva's Pain and are playing many festival stages this year proving that they are a band on the rise and 'Eight Pieces: One World is a very accomplished album!

Now, that is all the good stuff and admittedly it is a fairly impressive list but to really stand out in this crowded genre you need a couple more things. Max Pie may inhabit the same realms as all the above mentioned bands but they don't (yet) quite have the songs to compete with them. Very good they may be but they are not outstanding. You also need a world class vocalist and once again Max Pie are slightly lacking in this department. 'Tony Carlino' is a little harsh on first listen, and even though you do warm to his voice after a while there is a little too much straining for my liking and on several occasions he goes slightly flat. He is more than capable but not, as one reviewer said, better than Symphony X's 'Russell Allen, not by a long way! If I sound harsh it's only because there are so many fantastic bands out there competing for our attention. and not all can be world beaters! I will, of course, now be closely following Max Pie and their progress to see if album number three can prove me completely wrong!

Max Pie - Eight Pieces: One World (2013) Album Review Max_pi10

http://www.maxpie.be/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MAX-PIE-Official/140475526010612
http://www.music-avenue.net/mausoleum/
http://www.rockngrowl.com/

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley: www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Max Pie - Eight Pieces: One World (2013) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Max Pie - Eight Pieces: One World (2013) Album Review

Page 1 of 1