BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

A Sound Of Thunder - The Lesser Key Of Solomon (2014) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful

Zodiac : Aquarius Metal Reputation : 1

A Sound Of Thunder - The Lesser Key Of Solomon (2014) Album Review Empty
PostA Sound Of Thunder - The Lesser Key Of Solomon (2014) Album Review

A Sound Of Thunder - The Lesser Key Of Solomon (2014) Album Review The_le10

A Sound Of Thunder - The Lesser Key Of Solomon (2014)
Mad Neptune Records / Dustin Hardman -- Running Time: 59:36

SCORE
10/10

Happy New Year everyone. I hope 2015 is good one for you all!

I'm going to start my reviews for this year with a release from September 2014 because I still have loads to get through, oh, and it's a blinding album and would have gone straight into my top three of the year had I reviewed it a little earlier!

What do Iris Boanta (The Mystery), Gemma Fox (Collibus), Michelle Jimenez Alder (Dirty Lions), Elin Larsson (Blues Pills), Rebecca Spinks (The Mariana Hollow), Krissie Kirby (Triaxis), Sharleen Kennedy (Incassum) and the wonderful Kirsty Ayre (Alive In Theory) have in common? Well...if you really cannot see the obvious, it's that they are all female! They are also some of the finest Rock & Metal vocalists that I have heard or seen in recent years, a trend which thankfully seems to be on the increase and I might add that none of them are symphonic or operatic in style. They might not get the amount of coverage that some other female vocalists/musicians get, but believe me they are all quite brilliant.

You can now add another name to that list. Nina Osegueda is the lady in question and she raises the already quite stunning fourth album from A Sound Of Thunder 'The Lesser Key Of Solomon' into the region of stratospheric ! She has the most incredible voice and puts other better known female Rock/Metal singers to shame. You can also hear what she is singing and the lyrics and variety of delivery are chilling. Vocal harmonies are exquisite and the interplay with the guitar and keyboards is enchanting. From the off this album has completely and utterly captivated me and I truthfully cannot get it off the stereo! This is my first brush with the band, from Washington DC, but I intend to get hold of the other three albums immediately!

Nina, Josh Schwartz (Guitars & Keyboards), Jesse Keen (Guitars & Keyboards) and Chris Haren (Drums & Percussion) are not only hugely gifted musicians but WOW, do they know how to write a collection of captivating, haunting and thunderous songs, check out 'Elijah' nearly ten of the finest minutes I have heard in Metal! They also manage to traverse many genres of Metal/Rock without copying anyone and it is an absolute pleasure to hear something of this quality. It still never ceases to amaze me that bands this good are out there but never get the recognition they deserve, but I'm very much hoping that 'The Lesser Key Of Solomon' is going to get people sitting up and taking serious notice of A Sound Of Thunder because they more than thoroughly deserve it!

If you crave astounding Heavy Metal that combines all your faves in one go then please, please go and get this album and can someone in the know please get A Sound Of Thunder to the UK on a joint tour with Collibus because I think I might just have found Utopia if that happens! You know I don't give out full marks lightly but this is a total 'no brainer'!

[img[https://i.servimg.com/u/f38/17/74/81/36/promo_10.jpg[/img]

www.asoundofthunderband.com
www.facebook.com/asoundofthunder
www.reverbnation.com/asoundofthunder
http://asot.bandcamp.com
https://twitter.com/asotband

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley:
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

A Sound Of Thunder - The Lesser Key Of Solomon (2014) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.