BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Exorcism - I Am God (2014) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful

Zodiac : Aquarius Metal Reputation : 1

Exorcism - I Am God (2014) Album Review Empty
PostExorcism - I Am God (2014) Album Review

Exorcism - I Am God (2014) Album Review I_am_g10

Exorcism - I Am God (2014)
GoldenCore Records/ZYX Music/Rock N Growl Promotion -- Running Time 48:26

Score:
9.5/10

My second GoldenCore Records album this month is the debut album 'I Am God' from 'Super Group' of sorts Exorcism. Hang onto your hats because if you have read my Miracle Master review and know how much I liked that then I think Exorcism have actually bettered it and I didn't think I would be saying that! In this day and age it's pretty easy for musicians in different parts of the world to record an album without having to travel but the results sometimes sound stilted and not 'live'. No worries here, because even though this was recorded in at least three different countries Exorcism sound like they were in a tiny studio sweating and bleeding on each other while they played the tracks!

Vocalist Csaba Zvekan (Raven Lord, Zveken, ex Killing Machine) has never sounded better than he does on 'I Am God'. This is a huge, powerhouse performance and puts him right up there with the big names! Guitar work is handled by none other than Mr Joe Stump (Raven Lord, Holy Hell, Reign Of Terror) and he has come up with riffs and solos on this album that Tony Iommi would be proud of. Exorcism are labelled as a Doom/Metal band, but the Doom here is Dio/Tony Martin (who I always thought was tremendously underrated) era Black Sabbath, Heaven & Hell and even a touch of early Rainbow in places. To keep with that theme Lucio Manca (Raven Lord, Solid Vision) on bass has the meatiest sound I've heard on an album this side of any Geezer Butler release and drummer Garry King (Joe Lynn Turner, Jeff Beck, Achillea) does his best Vinny Appice/Cozy Powell impression. You mustn't fret though because Exorcism aren't Sabbath clones by any means although, in my humble opinion, this absolutely pulverises the most recent Ozzy fronted album '13', which was a big disappointment for me! What Exorcism have done is construct ten thumpingly good heavy metal songs that have all the required elements to make this a huge release!

There is not a weak link on this album, it hits you like an anvil from start to finish until you are a bloody mess and proves to anyone, who asks, precisely why I love metal music so much. Massive riffs, huge choruses, hooks, and thundering good music. As soon as I saw the previews for this a few months back I was hoping, beyond hope, that Exorcism wouldn't let me down and I can thankfully say that I had absolutely nothing to worry about. This band must tour soon and I have to see them live because I really think they could be something very special indeed.

Zvekan has also done a masterful job with the production which is 'HUGE', especially with that bass sound (an instrument that is so often an afterthought in the studio). Artwork and Band Logo are also spot on and the whole thing smacks of professionalism. Thank You Exorcism, I haven't felt this excited since I first unwrapped and listened to Heaven & Hell's 'The Devil You Know'! 2014 really is turning out to be a classic year for Rock & Metal!

https://www.facebook.com/exorcismband
http://www.exorcism13.com/
https://www.youtube.com/user/ExorcismMetal
https://www.facebook.com/RockNGrowlPromotion
http://www.rockngrowl.com/

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Exorcism - I Am God (2014) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Exorcism - I Am God (2014) Album Review