BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Cypher16 - Determine EP (2013) Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful

Zodiac : Aquarius Metal Reputation : 1

Cypher16 - Determine EP (2013) Review Empty
PostCypher16 - Determine EP (2013) Review

Cypher16 - Determine EP (2013) Review Determ10

Cypher16 - Determine EP (2013)
Self-Released -- Running Time 22:13

Score
7.5/10

London based Cypher16 actually released 'Determine', their third EP, nearly a year ago but as I've been sent it to peruse, and very much like what I'm hearing, I felt it was only fair to spread the word a little bit more. This is the first time I've really had a chance to listen to Cypher16's self proclaimed Alt/Epic Metal properly and I'm going to repeat what I've seen many other people say about them. This is a breath of fresh air in the Modern/Alt Metal scene!

Why is that? Well, it's an easy question to answer! Cypher16 do not use any screamed or harsh vocals and in a genre where most vocalists seem to want to damage their larynx beyond repair this band do the complete opposite! Their Facebook page and many of their T-Shirts are adorned with the slogan "You don't have to scream to be fucking heavy" and they make a superb argument in proving that. This is indeed heavy stuff, with some Electronic, Progressive and Industrial influences on top of the Metal but it's all done with excellent singing courtesy of Jack Doolan (who also supplies Guitars and Synthesizers). Joined by Will Cass (Guitars), Jerry Sadowski (Drums) and I hope I'm correct in saying Carl Dawkins on Bass (sorry but it's not made particularly clear), Cypher16 manage to create something just a little bit different whilst still incorporating great melody and catchy choruses. Guitar work is as heavy as a large boulder but the solos are extremely intricate. There is a sort of Gojira meets Children Of Bodom meets Pantera sound going on here and it's very enjoyable!

There are four new songs on 'Determine' plus a remix of an earlier track. 'Surge To Serenity' is my favourite which has a huge swinging heavy groove and a riff Dimebag might be proud of! It's all extremely well produced and I'm pretty taken with the cover art and logo as well!

Cypher16 apparently have a big following in India thanks to persistent touring over there, played Bloodstock Festival last year and have just graced the stage at the recent Hammerfest. They are very definitely a name to look out for and I hope that now they have released three EP's we can look forward to a debut album sooner rather than later!

Cypher16 - Determine EP (2013) Review Cypher10

https://www.facebook.com/Cypher16
http://www.cypher16.net/default.asp
https://twitter.com/cypher16

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Cypher16 - Determine EP (2013) Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Cypher16 - Determine EP (2013) Review

Page 1 of 1