BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Hellcannon – Soothsayer EP (2013) Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Hellcannon – Soothsayer EP (2013) Review Empty
PostHellcannon – Soothsayer EP (2013) Review

Hellcannon – Soothsayer EP (2013) Review Sooths10

Hellcannon – Soothsayer EP (2013)
Vile Records -- Running Time 24:47

I have questions for you! Do you love Thrash Metal? Do you love Death Metal? Do you love a mixture of the two? If the answer to any of these is yes then I urge you to check out Hellcannon (I just love that name), from Buffalo, New York. ‘Soothsayer’ is their latest EP release and consists of four original songs and a Death cover, all wrapped up in some great packaging, but very definitely waiting to give you a serious kick to the nuts when it is played.

I already have debut album ‘Infected With Violence’ (2010), another recommended purchase and the band have been making great progress, so was very much looking forward to this release and Hellcannon haven’t let me down. They have an excellent hybrid Death/Thrash sound that is dirty and brutal but also bursting with catchiness and melody. In no particular order imagine Testament, Over Kill, Kreator, Destruction, Obituary, Possessed, Death and Exodus. Together they spell Hellcannon and had this EP been released at the height of the Thrash movement these guys would have been big names. Of course, as I have mentioned before, we have a Thrash revival at the moment, and even though Hellcannon perhaps shouldn’t be lumped purely into that genre, they should get a sizeable following because of it.

‘Soothsayer’ kicks off with ‘The Nightrider’ and within ten seconds you should be headbanging for all you’re worth! If you aren’t then there is no hope for you! Continuing with ‘Resinous Infection’ there is no let up in power. Death cover ‘Pull The Plug’ is next and even though Hellcannon have done a good job with the song, their material is so strong that I would quite happily have seen another original in its place. The excellent twin attack of ‘Scourge And Devour’ and vicious title track ‘Soothsayer’ bring the EP to a close and it’s all over too quickly but the songs only get better with repeated listens!

A thunderous production by ‘Jim Nickles’ (ex Malevolent Creation and ex Hellwitch guitarist) is the icing on the cake and Hellcannon which consists of ‘Ryan Fiorita’ (vocals/guitar), ‘Kevin Gramza’ (guitar), ‘Kevin Muck’ (Bass) and ‘Bryant Morrison’ (drums) really should be very proud of what they have achieved with ‘Soothsayer’. I eagerly await album number two!

Hellcannon – Soothsayer EP (2013) Review Sooths11

www.facebook.com/hellcannonmetal
www.hellcannon.bandcamp.com/
www.reverbnation.com/hellcannon
vilerecords.bigcartel.com/

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley: www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Hellcannon – Soothsayer EP (2013) Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Hellcannon – Soothsayer EP (2013) Review

Page 1 of 1