BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Triverse Massacre - With Bared Teeth And Truths EP (2014) Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful

Zodiac : Aquarius Metal Reputation : 1

Triverse Massacre - With Bared Teeth And Truths EP (2014) Review Empty
PostTriverse Massacre - With Bared Teeth And Truths EP (2014) Review

Triverse Massacre - With Bared Teeth And Truths EP (2014) Review With_b10

Triverse Massacre - With Bared Teeth And Truths EP (2014)
Self-Released -- Running Time 15:32

Score
7.5/10

Do you want HEAVY and I mean VERY HEAVY, in fact HEAVY enough to call yourself Samson, whilst fighting off an angry pit of vipers during an earthquake? If the answer is yes, and I know the Brutiful team in the US will be nodding their heads furiously, then you need to check out Carlisle based, five piece Modern Death & Groove Metal outfit Triverse Massacre! Formed in 2010, 'With Bared Teeth And Truths' is their second EP and, if I'm being honest, is right on the very outer reaches of what I usually listen to thanks in part to the inhuman growl of vocalist Liam (The Rev) Clark who sounds like the demon Pazuzu having a bad day! As I've said before though, and will keep repeating, if you are happy to accept vocals of this nature and actually listen to what is going on behind them then you'll hear a band full of ideas in the Death and Thrash genres, who mix up their tempos and do not rely on a constant battering of blast beats. Think of extreme Tech Metal band Meta-Stasis colliding head on with that bestial clan of misfits called the Bukowski Family and you'll be somewhere close!

Opener 'Wolves At The Gate' broods with a malevolence of sickening intensity before letting rip with a bullet riff that is much slower than you would perhaps expect and that's what I like about Triverse Massacre. They prove that being this heavy doesn't mean switching permanently to fast forward hyper speed, if anything it makes them even heavier! 'Exhale Betrayal', vocals aside, is much more thrash orientated with guitarists James Graham and Chris Kelsall proving what a razor sharp duo they are. 'Bullets Kill Beasts' opens with some very atmospheric guitar work before disembowelling you mentally and physically and final track 'Torn From The Throne' is the best of the bunch showcasing some excellent rhythm work from bassist Dan Fisher and drummer Mike Collins!

Granted this is not going to be for everyone but Triverse Massacre do what they do extremely well and if your thing is Modern Death Metal then there is really isn't an argument to be had! Let's see what a debut album brings!

Triverse Massacre - With Bared Teeth And Truths EP (2014) Review Promo_10

https://www.facebook.com/TriverseMassacre
http://www.reverbnation.com/triversemassacre
https://soundcloud.com/triversemassacre

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Triverse Massacre - With Bared Teeth And Truths EP (2014) Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Triverse Massacre - With Bared Teeth And Truths EP (2014) Review

Page 1 of 1