BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Kill Or Cure - Kill Or Cure (2014) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful

Zodiac : Aquarius Metal Reputation : 1

Kill Or Cure - Kill Or Cure (2014) Album Review Empty
PostKill Or Cure - Kill Or Cure (2014) Album Review

Kill Or Cure - Kill Or Cure (2014) Album Review Kill_o10

Kill Or Cure - Kill Or Cure (2014)
Self-Released / Tunecore Records -- Running Time 39:02

9/10

Sometimes you receive an album and after playing it sit there, silently, with a big smile on your face because you just weren't expecting something that good, even though you have actually heard of the band. Then you press the play button again for round two! That's exactly what happened to me after listening to Manchester's Kill Or Cure and their self-titled debut album. Guitarist Dan Hepner very kindly sent me the album to review (thanks Dan) and I'm so glad he did because, with all of the stuff I've got in my pile at the moment, I'd have missed out and that would have been a big mistake on my part!

Kill Or Cure are a three piece (no drummer at the present time, although they are looking for one) who play pounding Modern Metal with HUGE groove. Think Disturbed, Five Fingered Death Punch, Adrenaline Mob, Kill Devil Hill and Benedictum but with a twist! That twist is vocalist and guitarist Chris Brookes. He has an enormo set of pipes and who's singing voice is placed squarely between Blind Guardian's Hansi Kürsch and Symphony X' & Adrenaline Mob's Russell Allen. He can also deliver excellent harsh vocals, although thankfully he only does that occasionally! Having these sort of Power and Progressive Metal vocals on a metal album seeped in the modern sound is quite an unusual one but it works an absolute treat!

After having mentioned two of the members it would be rude not to introduce the third. Bassist Elena de Jesus is also a classically trained pianist and violinist and she has shared the stage with Robert Plant and Pavarotti amongst others. Kill Or Cure really are a diverse but extremely talented bunch who have also self released this album, produced and mixed it courtesy of Chris and managed to use programmed drums (and you know I'm not a fan) that to these ears almost sound like the real thing. It certainly puts an end to the argument about how good some modern day drummers are supposed to be when you know they have the ability to use tricks of this quality in the studio!

Of course, I'm not suggesting Kill Or Cure are using tricks but what they are doing is delivering superb Heavy Metal. Opener 'Season's End' immediately has your head banging and foot stomping and kicks the album off in great style. They then prove that they collectively have massive balls (sorry Elena!) by covering a disco/dance track for the second song. 'From Paris To Berlin' originally by Infernal was, as far as I know, a big club hit! Don't worry though, because Kill Or Cure have completely made it their own, giving it an Industrial Metal feel with immense catchiness. Mind you, writing a good catchy tune, is something this band seem capable of doing time and time again because this album is full of them. 'Bullet To The Brain', 'Paradox', 'I'm Bleeding' and 'Nothing' ,which sort of has a Black album era Metallica feel to it, are brilliant. Guitar work is spot on with thunderous riffs and solos aplenty and the whole thing reeks of quality!

Hopefully, with the addition of a drummer, Kill Or Cure can get out on the road gigging soon because if they are as good live as in the studio they are going to be pulling big, big crowds and everyone will be jumping. Get this lot checked out now because you will not be disappointed!

Kill Or Cure - Kill Or Cure (2014) Album Review Kill_o11

https://www.facebook.com/killorcure.uk
http://killorcure.co.uk/
https://twitter.com/killorcure
https://www.youtube.com/user/KillorCureUK

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Kill Or Cure - Kill Or Cure (2014) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Kill Or Cure - Kill Or Cure (2014) Album Review