BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Adrenaline Mob - Men Of Honor (2014) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Adrenaline Mob - Men Of Honor (2014) Album Review Empty
PostAdrenaline Mob - Men Of Honor (2014) Album Review

Adrenaline Mob - Men Of Honor (2014) Album Review Adrena10

Adrenaline Mob - Men Of Honor (2014)
Century Media Records -- Running Time 49:04

Score: 9.5/10

Almost without a break to draw breath Adrenaline Mob are back with their second full length album 'Men Of Honor' and if you thought the departure of drummer Mike Portnoy from the fold (he never seems to hang around in anything for long these days) might cause a blip in proceedings then you would be very sorely mistaken. Adrenaline Mob, a supergroup of sorts, who are made up of vocalist 'Russell Allen' (Symphony X), guitarist 'Mike Orlando' (Sonic Stomp), bassist 'John Moyer' (Disturbed) and very welcome new addition drummer 'AJ Pero' (Twisted Sister) have proved they are no flash in the pan project. 'Men Of Honor' is more direct and groove laden, sharper, catchier and heavier than debut album 'Omerta' and that's saying something because the debut was, and still is, a great album! In-between the two albums we've also had the covers EP/Mini Album 'Coverta' which was also stunning. This lot certainly aren't holding back or slowing down.

All musicians make an impact on this album. Russell Allen is quite simply one of the best metal vocalists around at the moment. I adore Symphony X and his three albums with Jorn Lande in the Allen/Lande project are also must haves; his performance here is second to none. Orlando is a guitarist extraordinaire, a friend of mine (who heard a couple of these songs last night when he visited) likens him to 'Ronni Le Tekrø' from TNT in that he can do absolutely incredible things but the solos and riffs always fit the song perfectly and I see exactly where he's coming from. Moyer's bass work is fabulous and Pero, who doesn't always get a chance to shine in Twisted Sister, certainly makes up for it here. He is a very different drummer to Portnoy but has brought something completely new and fresh to the band and it works like a dream. 'Men Of Honor' is quite simply brilliant!

Opening with 'Mob Is Back' is a statement of intent. Thunderous drums and guitar work set the scene before kicking in with a riff so full of heaviness and groove you could fall in it! Allen sounds pissed off angry as well and the lyrics reflect that. Next track is the ultra catchy 'Come On Get Up'. The Nu-Metal leanings of the band come through here but completely in a good way, Allen's singing during the chorus also reminds me of Gene Simmons delivery. I've read one reviewer who thinks this is far too close in composition to a Sevendust track from a decade ago and that Allen's lyrics are dumb. Well I've listened to that song and apart from the pace being similar I disagree, 'Come On Get Up' is by far the better song and why would Allen write lyrics like he does in Symphony X? They are two completely different bands so he's doing something different. Makes perfect sense to me! 'Behind These Eyes' slows things down but builds up expertly and the songs continue to hit you straight between the eyes. 'Let It Go', 'Feel The Adrenaline', 'Men Of Honor', 'Crystal Clear' (the best Jorn Lande track that he didn't write), 'House Of Lies' and 'Judgment Day' which has a chugging riff so damn brilliant it gives me shivers, the list is endless of great songs!

Well Done Adrenaline Mob, the sometimes difficult second album has been well and truly delivered in style, with boots on. 2014 is shaping up to be a brilliant year for releases!

Adrenaline Mob - Men Of Honor (2014) Album Review Adrena11

http://adrenalinemob.com/
https://www.facebook.com/adrenalinemob
https://twitter.com/AdrenalineMob
http://www.centurymedia.com/

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Adrenaline Mob - Men Of Honor (2014) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Adrenaline Mob - Men Of Honor (2014) Album Review