BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Dave Evans - Nothing To Prove EP (2014) Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Dave Evans - Nothing To Prove EP (2014) Review Empty
PostDave Evans - Nothing To Prove EP (2014) Review

Dave Evans - Nothing To Prove EP (2014) Review Nothin10

Dave Evans - Nothing To Prove EP (2014)
Rocksector Records -- Running Time 17:16

Score: 8/10

You may or may not know that Dave Evans was in actual fact the original vocalist, and one of the founder members of AC/DC. As much as I love DC they've sort of forgotten that fact over the years which is a shame, but the connection should give you a great idea of what Dave Evans sounds like! After releasing the well received solo album 'Judgement Day' in 2010 Dave is due to release his new, four track EP 'Nothing To Prove' in March on Rocksector Records.

This EP is exactly what you would expect, brilliant, unpretentious, balls-to-the-wall Hard Rock and my only complaint is that it isn't long enough! It contains three new tracks and an excellent cover of 'Baby Please Don't Go', which of course AC/DC have covered in the past and Dave still regularly plays in his live shows! Co-written with Chris Appleton of rising UK Metal band Absolva the three new tracks prove two things, Dave has not lost his passion or voice and Chris is very adept at various song writing styles. In fact not only has he helped write the songs but he and fellow Absolva band members bassist Dan Bate and drummer Martin McNee are Dave Evans backing band in the studio and live. Kudos to them for this because they are already one of the hardest working groups in the UK!

Kicking off with the fabulous 'Put Up Or Shut Up' the EP starts with a bang. This song is a mix of Kiss, Y&T and Rose Tattoo and had me bouncing off of my desk in different directions with a huge grin on my face. Following new tracks 'I Believe' and 'Reach For The Sky' offer a different take on classic rock but are no less enjoyable. There are some fabulous solos from Chris proving what a talented guitarist he is and, as I already well know, from various live shows, Dan and Martin are a formidable rhythm section. This leaves us with the aforementioned cover and it's a cracker. It rattles along at a pretty rapid pace with Martin's steam train drumming really standing out. Dave himself is in awesome voice for all four songs clearly proving he should be much better known than he is and the whole thing is wonderfully produced and mixed!

You're not going to find anything remotely original here but whether you're an older hard/classic rock fan or a new recruit that has been brought up on the likes of Airbourne and Bonafide then Dave Evans is someone you need to hear and you won't get a better starting point to check him out than on 'Nothing To Prove' I just really hope we get another full length album sooner rather than later!

Dave Evans - Nothing To Prove EP (2014) Review Dave_e10

https://www.facebook.com/daveevansofficial
http://www.mwaweb.com/rocksectorbands_daveevans.htm
https://www.facebook.com/rocksectorrecords
http://www.mwaweb.com/rocksector.htm

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Dave Evans - Nothing To Prove EP (2014) Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Dave Evans - Nothing To Prove EP (2014) Review