BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

A Thousand Enemies - Stand As One (2014) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

A Thousand Enemies - Stand As One (2014) Album Review Empty
PostA Thousand Enemies - Stand As One (2014) Album Review

A Thousand Enemies - Stand As One (2014) Album Review Stand_10

A Thousand Enemies - Stand As One (2014)
Self-Released -- Running Time 36:23

Score: 9.5/10

"The greatest bands are not defined by their influences but use them to springboard to something truly unique, something truly their own"

That quote appears on the Facebook page of Midlands, UK based metal band A Thousand Enemies and to prove it is in fact a true statement they have just released their stunning debut album 'Stand As One'. I first became aware of A Thousand Enemies about a year ago when they supported Hell at their special Derby show and I was impressed. I picked up their three track EP on the spot and was even more impressed. I saw them again at The Rock & Metal Circus Festival last September and the feeling that something big was going to happen in 2014 was strong. Well it has happened because 'Stand As One' is an absolute bulldozer of an album, even I wasn't expecting it to be this good, and I'll be extremely surprised if this isn't in my end of year lists (yes I know it's only January)! If someone asked me today to name a band that describes Modern Metal then my answer would be A Thousand Enemies. This is a perfect blend of styles, new and more traditional, and they do indeed sound totally fresh and unique and that's not something I say lightly!

Kicking off with intro '(Milibus Hostium Sanguine Pictus)' A Thousand Enemies have played a blinder. This is the perfect intro as far as I'm concerned and could easily grace The Omen soundtrack. Leading into first track proper 'Shadow And Substance' several things become immediately clear. Production is fantastic, courtesy of Phillip Wilbraham, this sounds absolutely huge through my speakers and the levels are spot on. Even better is the astounding vocal performance of 'Bane Holland'. Wow, has this man got a set of pipes or what? Clean, powerful singing and harsh screams are delivered to perfection and he really has proved himself as a superior talent! This doesn't take anything away from the rest of the band though. Guitar work is fantastic, shredding riffs and fabulous solos hit you with absolute conviction. As for 'Andy "Snakes" Goulter' on bass well...if he got any closer with the drums then people might start to ask questions!!

Do you know what's best of all though? Well I'll tell you, it's the songs. All nine of them are melodic metal beasts that you could circle pit and mosh to but equally listen to them on the radio such is the catchiness, quality. groove and heaviness. If you're not singing along with the choruses of 'Enemy Of Mine', 'Chaos State' and first single 'Hadleys Hope' or shouting A Thousand Enemies' name at the top of your voice every available opportunity after listening to this album a couple of times then there is something very wrong with you indeed! 'Stand As One' is an early contender for album of the year, make no mistake about that!

A Thousand Enemies - Stand As One (2014) Album Review A_thou11

https://www.facebook.com/athousandenemies
http://www.athousandenemies.com/
https://twitter.com/theenemiesuk

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

A Thousand Enemies - Stand As One (2014) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

A Thousand Enemies - Stand As One (2014) Album Review

Page 1 of 1