BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Cambion - Virus EP (2012) Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Cambion - Virus EP (2012) Review Empty
PostCambion - Virus EP (2012) Review

Cambion - Virus EP (2012) Review Virus_10

Cambion - Virus EP (2012)
Bored Stiff Records -- Running Time 29:08

Now, this EP is another, slightly older one, that I have been asked to check out. Cambion aren't a new name to me but this is my first time listening to the 'Virus' EP, from 2012, in its entirety and all I can say is if this is the future of Modern Technical/Progressive Metal then I want lots more of it please! A four piece, formed in 2009 and from Exeter in the UK, Cambion have very definitely been making waves and they are currently putting together their debut album, hopefully for release in 2014.

I don't like the term 'Djent', it's not a genre as far as I'm concerned and I'm not keen on many of the bands described as such, but Cambion have been reviewed as being a Djent band so, fairly or unfairly, they have been lumped into that market. To me though they are just a brilliant Technical Metal band and this EP is nearly 30 minutes of excellence. Precision playing like this can sometimes be accused of lacking emotion but you don't have to worry about that with this band. 'Virus' infects you on every level. This sounds fresh, exciting and it's heavy as lead whilst also containing huge melody! Being a fan of horror etc I'm also very keen on the EP's concept of a worldwide virus outbreak. Tracks are entitled Virus Parts 1 to 5 'Outbreak' 'Infection', 'Death', 'Afterlife' and 'Resurrection' and there is also an untitled bonus track which is just as good as everything that's gone before!

Vocalist and Lead Guitarist 'Elliott' delivers harsh vocals but of the sort I'm happy with and his solo work is absolutely fantastic. Likewise the bass playing of 'Colin Beale' is incredible (a replacement bassist 'Jonny Walker' has just been announced). I also know I've been on a bit about more processed sounding drums of late but Cambion are a band where that actually works in their favour thanks to the style of music they play so I'll hold my hands up and say well done to 'Frank Dennis' for some very interesting rhythm patterns and time changes!

If you like TesseracT, Periphery, Meshuggah, Gojira, Divine Heresy etc then Cambion are very much going to be worth your time. They have already been announced for appearances this year at Les-Fest, Metal Gods and Rock & Metal Circus Festivals which makes me extremely happy as I am covering the latter for Brutiful Metal Radio so I'll be able to check them out live and hopefully more!

I honestly didn't think I would like this as much as I have, so it's a pleasure to be able to say I was completely wrong and Cambion are, by far, one of the better, and most original sounding bands within this genre and I'm really looking forward to the album!

https://www.facebook.com/CAMBIONOFFICIAL
http://www.cambionofficial.co.uk/
http://www.cambionuk.bigcartel.com/
http://www.boredstiffrecords.co.uk/

Cambion - Virus EP (2012) Review Cambio10

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Cambion - Virus EP (2012) Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Cambion - Virus EP (2012) Review