BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Scelerata - The Sniper (2012) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Scelerata - The Sniper (2012) Album Review Empty
PostScelerata - The Sniper (2012) Album Review

Scelerata - The Sniper (2012) Album Review The_sn10

Scelerata - The Sniper (2012)
Nightmare Records -- Running Time 50:11

I didn't need to spend any time deciding if 'The Sniper', the third album from Brazilian band Scelerata, was any good, and it's not because I'm being lazy. 'This was originally released last year and I've had a copy for a few months now, so I already know it is damned good. In fact if someone asked me to define the Power Metal genre with a recently released album 'The Sniper' is the one I would choose! If you dig Helloween, Angra and the mighty Gamma Ray then all your birthday's will come at once when you listen to Scelerata as this is nothing short of stunning, oh and they have also been Paul Di'Anno's backing band when he has toured Brazil in recent years.

What makes Scelerata and 'The Sniper' so good? Well, they have managed to write ten incredibly catchy and powerful songs with choruses that are truly memorable, have fantastic skills as musicians but play with feeling as well as technical ability and, unlike a couple of other albums I have reviewed recently, have a vocalist in 'Fabio Juan' who is a match for any of his peers. He has put in a stunning performance on this album and even though Andy Derris (Helloween) and Paul Di'Anno make guest appearances he is far from overshadowed, and his tone and range remind me somewhat of Ralph Scheepers (early Gamma Ray, Primal Fear and the guy who almost replaced Rob Halford in Judas Priest). Just in case all of that wasn't enough they have got the awesome Charlie Bauerfiend (Helloween, Saxon, Rage, Blind Guardian, Hammerfall and Motorhead etc) to produce, mix and master the album and it sounds incredible.

'The Sniper' kicks off with two tracks that Mr Di'Anno guests on, 'Rising Sun' and 'In My Blood' and from the opening riff you are left in no doubt that this band mean serious business. Guitarists 'Renato Osorio' and 'Magnus Wichmann' play like their lives depend on it but the quality of solo work throughout is never 'widdly' for the sake of it, everything has a place. Bassist 'Gustavo Strapazon' comes up with some great rhythm lines and 'Francis Cassol' must have had a serious repair bill as he appears to destroy his drum kit during the course of the album, such is the power and speed of his playing. 'Road To Death' is another great track that varies superbly in tempo and includes a middle instrumental section that could sit easily on either Metallica's 'Ride The Lightning' or 'Master Of Puppets' albums and even though 'Breaking The Chains' still has a Power Metal underbelly it could have been written by Alcatrazz and 'Graham Bonnet'! 'Andy Derris' supplies joint lead vocals on the more ballad driven 'Must Be Dreaming' and the Alcatrazz influence returns in some sections of the albums final song, the near ten minute epic title track.

If Scelerata are an indicator of the quality of metal coming out of Brazil and South America in general at the moment then we are in for a treat as other bands start to appear. 'The Sniper' is one of the best Power Metal albums I've heard in many years and they really will be hard pushed to better it with album number four!

Scelerata - The Sniper (2012) Album Review Sceler10

www.scelerata.com
https://www.facebook.com/scelerataonline
https://twitter.com/scelerata
https://www.facebook.com/NightmareRecords

Review written for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley: www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Scelerata - The Sniper (2012) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Scelerata - The Sniper (2012) Album Review

Page 1 of 1