BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Sangre Eterna - Asphyxia (2012) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Sangre Eterna - Asphyxia (2012) Album Review Empty
PostSangre Eterna - Asphyxia (2012) Album Review

Sangre Eterna - Asphyxia (2012) Album Review Sangre10

Sangre Eterna - Asphyxia (2012)
Maple Metal Records -- Running Time 38:08

Melodic Death Metal! I've always thought that putting the words 'Melodic' and 'Death' together as darkly poetic but it describes, very well, many of the bands that inhabit the genre. If you crave this type of music then you'll certainly have your favourites and for me that is Scar Symmetry whose vocal interplay and stunning guitar work gives me shivers. Not an obvious choice, I know, but any Melodic Death band I listen to has them as my personal template.

Sangre Eterna are a 'newish' band in this genre. They originate from Serbia, 'Asphyxia' is their second album  and it has actually been out for the best part of a year now! Had I not been asked by the fab team at Brutiful Metal Radio to review it Sangre Eterna would have passed me by completely and that would have been a terrible shame, because whilst they are a different beast from Scar Symmetry they come armed with their own unique way of doing things and 'Asphyxia' is a fantastic listen!

Translated, Sangre Eterna means 'Eternal Blood' and considering the style of their music, which includes a fair dose of Gothic leanings, and the lyrical content, which deals almost entirely with death and loss, is a perfect match. Vocally 'Ilija Stevanović' uses completely harsh vocals, and these are only broken occasionally on 'Asphyxia' by several guest musicians/singers. This is the one area where I feel the band could experiment more as the introduction of a second 'clean' vocalist would add another layer of melody to the songs. Ilija also provides the keyboards and this is where he excels. They are beautifully woven into the fabric of the music, the use of piano is nothing short of genius and it brings a genuinely haunting feeling to proceedings. Guitarists 'Zoltan Kovačs' and 'Bora Jovanović' are excellent without being flashy. There aren't the keyboard/guitar battles of prime Children Of Bodom or the out and out precision playing of Per Nilsson (Scar Symmetry) but what they do fits like a glove. That also goes for the rhythm section of bassist 'Davor Menzildžic' and drummer Miloš Armuš who are so 'together' they might as well have coated their respective instruments in glue! As far as I am aware Sangre Eterna produced 'Asphyxia' themselves and it has been mastered superbly by 'Stephan Fimmers' (Necrophagist)

I'm mightily impressed with what I've heard on 'Asphyxia', at just under forty minutes in length they have gone for quality, not quantity, and am very much looking forward to seeing what happens with album number three which is apparently being written for release in 2014. Sangre Eterna are certainly a name to watch out for and I'm more than happy to be sorting this into my CD collection!

Sangre Eterna - Asphyxia (2012) Album Review Sangre11

https://www.facebook.com/Official.SangreEterna
https://www.youtube.com/user/SangreEternaOfficial
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Maple-Metal-Records/178757762160304

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley: www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Sangre Eterna - Asphyxia (2012) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Sangre Eterna - Asphyxia (2012) Album Review

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT :: Brutiful Entertainment Reviews :: RICK TILLEY - FREELANCE WRITER-
Jump to: