BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Warnot - His Blood Is Yours (2012) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Warnot - His Blood Is Yours (2012) Album Review Empty
PostWarnot - His Blood Is Yours (2012) Album Review

Warnot - His Blood Is Yours (2012) Album Review His_bl10

Warnot - His Blood Is Yours (2012)
Nightmare Records -- Running Time 57:38

If you are familiar with the band Cloudscape then this album could very well be of interest to you. Warnot is the brainchild of ex Cloudscape guitarist and composer 'Björn Eliasson' and is a project he has been working on since leaving his former band in 2009. At first I didn't make the connection and looking at the artwork (beautifully handled by Mattias Norén) and 'band' name I was initially expecting something a lot heavier. Warnot, which is essentially Eliasson playing all the instruments and singing along with other guest vocalists, actually provides a dark progressive style of theatrical metal that fans of Kamelot, Beyond Twilight, Therion etc will love, and 'His Blood Is Yours' has actually been something of a massive surprise. This is full of brooding, haunting and incredibly catchy tunes, passionately covering diverse subjects, that far from feeling like a project sounds like a fully formed band!

In total there are seven vocalists on 'His Blood Is Yours' but not once does the album seem cluttered or muddled, there is absolutely no preference to a particular vocal style (ranging from clean and operatic right up to harsh) and every single one of them puts in a fantastic performance. Joining the impressive voice of Eliasson are 'Mike Andersson' (Cloudscape, Full Force, Star One, Planet Alliance etc), 'Thomas Bursell' (Second Heat & Helsingborg Symphony Choirs), 'Sussi Sorensen' (Bo Wilson Band), 'Björn Persson' (Doctor Weird), 'Sara Andersson' (Helsingborg Choirs) and 'André Mollestam' who provides the growls and they all seem to sing together like they've known one another for years which seriously adds to the quality of the album. Much praise must also be given to the musicianship skills of Eliasson, especially in the guitar department and in his ability to write memorable choruses (doesn't it annoy you that some people are so multi-talented)?

'Raptures Of The Deep' is a cracking opening tune and the quality doesn't ever really dip throughout although 'Secrets Of Mythology', 'A Late Night Dance With Death', 'I Am A Ghost' and the very Sonata Arctica sounding 'The Wrong Path' are personal favourites. I'll also give you one guess as to who produced and mastered the album...yes it's Mr Eliasson again and he can add that job title to the success list as well because 'His Blood Is Yours' sounds fantastic and it's fair to say that his name would crop up with increasing regularity if he ever decided to concentrate fully on production duties.

This has been a thoroughly rewarding listen and my only disappointments are that it has taken me nearly a year to discover this gem and, because of its makeup, will unlikely be something that is ever played live, unless a proper band is put together. I also really hope this is not a one off because Warnot, even its current guise, has a tremendous amount to offer and I'll be extremely happy if in approximately eighteen months I'm reviewing album number two!

Warnot - His Blood Is Yours (2012) Album Review Promo_10

https://www.facebook.com/warnot.band
https://www.facebook.com/NightmareRecords
http://www.nightmarerecords.com/

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley: www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Warnot - His Blood Is Yours (2012) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Warnot - His Blood Is Yours (2012) Album Review

Page 1 of 1