BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Def Con One - Warface (2012) Cd Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Def Con One - Warface (2012) Cd Review Empty
PostDef Con One - Warface (2012) Cd Review

Def-Con-One – Warface (2012)
Scarlet Records - Running Time 51:10

Def Con One - Warface (2012) Cd Review Warfac10

2012 was a storming year for great albums, but when I first heard ‘Warface’, the debut album from the UK’s Def-Con-One it went straight into my top ten releases of that year. If you want brutal groove then this is the band for you and quite simply I see them as a modern day Pantera. Put together by the severely underrated Antton Lant (one time Venom drummer) this is about as much fun as you can have, whilst systematically feeling that you have had your insides kicked out of you by a size 12 boot!

Kicking off with an almost tribal drum rhythm, opener ‘Never Look Back’ sets the scene for what is an uncompromising fifty minutes of pure hardcore metal, with so much groove you will not be able to keep still. Apart from the staggering and heavy-as-shit drum patterns, from Antton, which pepper the album like a bad rash, Vocalist Davey Meikle is a real find. He screams and sings in equal measure with an evil ferocity that defies belief. Guitarist Johnny Hunter and Bassist Steve Miller cannot be overlooked. This is a real band, and one that requires all four members to collectively strip the skin from your face. March Of The Dead’, ‘Blood’, ’10 Bullets’, ‘In Death’ and the title track, the list is endless of tracks that deliver a hammer blow to your groin and with ‘Feeling Cold’ Def-Con-One have delivered one of the most hauntingly brilliant acoustic tracks I have heard for years. There is just not one dud on this album. Fantastically well produced by the band themselves, there really is no reason for you not to check these guys out.

Having recently interviewed Antton (truly a lovely guy) and finally witnessing them live at Hammerfest V, where they literally blew the roof off of the venue, you might have guessed correctly that I rather like this band and predict huge things for them. With album number two in the pipeline and plenty of upcoming gigs throughout the year Def-Con-One could not be a better name for this awesome band from Newcastle and I defy you not to like them.

Def Con One - Warface (2012) Cd Review Photo10

OFFICIAL DEF CON ONE WEBSITE: http://def-con-one.tripod.com/
DEF CON ONE ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/defcononehq

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Richard Tilley: https://www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Def Con One - Warface (2012) Cd Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Def Con One - Warface (2012) Cd Review

Page 1 of 1