BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Pinkish Black - Razed To The Ground (2013) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Pinkish Black - Razed To The Ground (2013) Album Review Empty
PostPinkish Black - Razed To The Ground (2013) Album Review

Pinkish Black - Razed To The Ground (2013) Album Review Razed_10

Pinkish Black - Razed To The Ground (2013)
Century Media Running Time 42:56

I don't know if it's just me getting the opportunity to listen to a wider variety of music now that I am reviewing, but Century Media do seem to be signing a more diverse mixture of bands and projects lately. A point in question is the sophomore album 'Razed To The Ground' from Pinkish Black (another 'unusual' band name), a duo from Fort Worth, Texas. This is a continuation of the band 'The Great Tyrant', but after the sad passing of bass player and third member 'Tommy Atkins' they decided to change the name! Pinkish Black's, self-titled, debut album was released in 2012, which I will have to check out, and they have wasted no time getting this ready!

To actually believe this whole album is only recorded by two people is really something in itself. 'Daron Beck' (Vocals, Keyboard, Synths) and Jon Teague (Drums, Synths, Loops) are to be hugely congratulated on making this sound like a full band. Amazingly, and you won't quite believe it in places, there are no guitars present at all but that doesn't stop the album from being dark, heavy, brooding and superb!

Being that they are a new name to me I did a little more research and have seen many bands named as influences, but most of those are unfamiliar to me as well (with the exception of Godflesh and Swans). Post-Punk is also something mentioned quite regularly! I love horror movies, especially from the 1970's, and from my point of view much of 'Razed To The Ground' would actually make a fantastic soundtrack to a Lucio Fulci or Dario Argento 'Giallo' or perhaps a science-fiction film about the aftermath of war where a Nuclear Winter has taken hold. Other than that the only way I can describe it is an ungodly mix of Hawkwind and Pink Floyd put through Satan's blender!

This is hauntingly beautiful and overwhelmingly sad but also utterly compelling. Beck's vocals are lowish in the mix but this adds to the ghostly feel immeasurably. Stacked full of ethereal melodies, this sounds like it's been made by two men who are totally lost but yet know exactly where they are heading. This is not something that can be listened to in bits and pieces. All seven tracks demand to be heard in one sitting (and it gets better every time you press play)!

This won't appeal to all but trying to describe it much further would probably expose my inadequacies as a writer, because I'm not sure I have the words to do an accurate job. This is a sonic and cosmic wonder of an album and Century Media have played a blinder by signing Pinkish Black. I suspect watching them live will be a pretty incredible experience and that's something I intend to do at the earliest opportunity!

Pinkish Black - Razed To The Ground (2013) Album Review Pinkis10

https://www.facebook.com/pinkishblackband
http://www.centurymedia.com/artist.aspx?IdArtist=614
https://www.facebook.com/centurymedia

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Pinkish Black - Razed To The Ground (2013) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Pinkish Black - Razed To The Ground (2013) Album Review

Page 1 of 1