BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Black Acid Souls - Deadly Sins (2012) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Black Acid Souls - Deadly Sins (2012) Album Review Empty
PostBlack Acid Souls - Deadly Sins (2012) Album Review

Black Acid Souls - Deadly Sins (2012) Album Review Deadly11

Black Acid Souls - Deadly Sins (2012)
Unsigned/Roarrock -- Running Time 58:24

Even though Black Acid Souls have been around since 2008, racking up some great reviews, touring extensively with the likes of TesseracT, Heavens Basement & Cancer Bats plus playing some pretty high profile festivals such as Hammerfest, up until six weeks ago I had never heard of them! I have since remedied that pretty terrible mistake and am now ready to deliver my verdict on their debut album 'Deadly Sins' which originally appeared at the tail end of last year.

Listening to the revving motorbike engine that kicks off the album and which leads into first track proper 'Steel And Thunder' I am immediately transported back to those wild and wonderful days of my youth when I first discovered, my still favourite band, Saxon. Black Acid Souls play traditional style Heavy Metal but they mix it up with a whole range of other stuff including small touches of thrash, some Metallica references and gr...gru...grun (you know what I'm trying to say) and in 'Flakey' they have a singer with a pretty unique delivery. This is hard hitting, catchy as hell and if Black Acid Souls were a stick of rock it would have the word METAL stamped right through the centre!

Joining 'Flakey' are guitarists 'Chubbs', 'Tweek' and bassist 'Gruff'. Guitar work is of a very high standard with some great riffs & solos, in fact I've just twigged why my neck is sore! Also since this album was recorded they have recruited a brand new drummer 'Hoff' (you'll find out why he is called that in the not too distant future). There really isn't a duffer on here but I'm going to say that my pick of the bunch are the aforementioned 'Steel And Thunder', 'Deadly Sins', 'Black Acid Soul', 'Circus Of Bitch' and 'Seekers Blood'. Everything is dispatched with total conviction and I've now just discovered why my feet hurt!! Are you getting my drift dear readers, this album is good...very good.

Since that first introduction six weeks ago I have now met the band (honestly, a nicer bunch you couldn't possibly wish to meet), interviewed them, seen them live (they are much heavier live) and now reviewed the album. It has been a Black Acid Souls crash course but I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. They are currently putting material together for a new album next year and from what they've told me it's going to take them to the next level BIG TIME. In the meantime check out 'Deadly Sins' and hopefully your soul will turn as black and acidic as mine has recently!

Black Acid Souls - Deadly Sins (2012) Album Review Bas_ba10

www.facebook.com/blackacidsouls
www.blackacidsouls.com
www.twitter.com/blackacidsouls
http://roarrock.co.uk/black-acid-souls/

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley: www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Black Acid Souls - Deadly Sins (2012) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Black Acid Souls - Deadly Sins (2012) Album Review

Page 1 of 1