BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Disciples Of Sin - Flesh and Blood EP (2013) Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Disciples Of Sin - Flesh and Blood EP (2013) Review Empty
PostDisciples Of Sin - Flesh and Blood EP (2013) Review

Disciples Of Sin - Flesh and Blood EP (2013) Review Flesh_10

Disciples Of Sin - Flesh and Blood EP (2013)
Unsigned -- Running Time 15:43

Whilst on my trip to cover The Rock & Metal Circus Festival recently, the very first CD I got handed was by a band not actually appearing at the event. Will Brotherhood (the thoroughly top bloke who is Disciples Of Sin's drummer) was just there as a punter and he asked me to take a listen and to be honest. Now, as you will know, I'm always 'brutifully' honest when it comes to my reviews so a friendship could have been lost before it had started! However, you'll be pleased to hear (and I hope Will is too) that the debut EP 'Flesh and Blood' from Disciples Of Sin is a great listen!

Disciples Of Sin are a three pieced band based in The Midlands, UK and have only been around for just over a year, although all the members have been in bands previously. Look at the logo, EP title and artwork, courtesy of Dave Howarth, and you'll get a good idea of what Disciples Of Sin are all about. Take a listen to the four songs on offer and that will probably confirm any hunch you might have had. This is horror hard rock and metal and it perfectly captures my personal love of gore and blood on the big, and small, screen! In fact if you have ever checked out the video for Devin Townsend's song 'Vampira' then that's the image Disciples Of Sin immediately bring to mind!

Rob Zombie, Wednesday 13 and Murder Dolls are three bands that Disciples Of Sin describe as likes/influences, and whilst there are little bits of all of those contained within the music I'm more inclined to say that they sound like the bastard child of Alice Cooper, Zodiac Mindwarp and Lordi. 'Raise A Glass' kicks things off with a very catchy riff and chorus. Will and bassist Steve Russell keep things nice and tight in the rhythm department and while it's fair to say that vocalist/guitarist Bret Patrucci is not the new Ronnie James Dio, his voice is spot on for this type of music. 'Scream' is faster and continues the theme but it's the last two tracks 'Flesh And Blood' and 'Keep Walkin' which up the catchiness quota even more and are the best on offer here with the band cutting loose on their instruments to great effect.

Disciples Of Sin aren't the most original band you'll ever hear and some of the lyrics are a bit cheesy (then again they play horror metal so I wouldn't expect anything else) but I would strongly suggest that the organisers of Rock & Metal Circus consider putting these guys on next year's bill because they'll go down a storm and I'm very interested to see what bloody morsels they can deliver next!

Disciples Of Sin - Flesh and Blood EP (2013) Review Dos_pr10

http://disciplesofsin.wix.com/band
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Disciples-Of-Sin/259414707505070

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley: www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Disciples Of Sin - Flesh and Blood EP (2013) Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Disciples Of Sin - Flesh and Blood EP (2013) Review

Page 1 of 1