BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Into Century - Nobody's Slave (2013) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Into Century - Nobody's Slave (2013) Album Review Empty
PostInto Century - Nobody's Slave (2013) Album Review

Into Century - Nobody's Slave (2013) Album Review Album_10

Into Century - Nobody's Slave (2013)
Target Records -- Running Time 37:03

I had no idea what to expect listening to the sophomore album 'Nobody's Slave' from Danish rock/metal band Into Century other than the press pack telling me they were Post-Grunnnggge (Sorry, I really cannot type that word, it gives me a serious phobia). I completely missed their first album but if this is what's classed as Post Gr***e these days then I'll be checking out a few more bands! This had already been released in the States but it is now getting a full EU release

'Nobody's Slave' offers the listener twelve cuts of huge grooved modern US Rock with a few small twists into other genres (amongst them blues rock on 'Open Up Your Gates' and even using the dreaded vocal auto tune and dubstep rhythms to surprisingly good effect on 'Can You Hear Me') and Into Century specialize in crafting songs with choruses so big you could quite easily fall into them. The whole band, Christian Warburg (guitar), Anders Bækgaard Pedersen (Bass) and Jeppe Bruno (Drums): are great at what they do but the standout performance is from vocalist Jon Century who nails the singing with his whiskey soaked tones (probably why the auto tune works because he uses it as an extra instrument rather than actually needing it). Jon sounds a lot like Chris Cornell in places and you really wouldn't think that the band originate from Copenhagen!

If you like Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, Nickelback, Creed and according to my better half a tiny bit of Matchbox Twenty, albeit much heavier and in my opinion much better then you will love Into Century. Lyrically they cover some very hard hitting and worthwhile themes such as human trafficking and the Vatican. These subjects are obviously close to the bands collective heart but not once do you ever feel spoken down to. It makes a pleasant and refreshing change to the more general fare of alcohol, sex and the rock 'n' roll lifestyle!

In 'Nobody's Slave' we have been sent a very mature album by a band who feel like they've been around a lot longer than they actually have, the production and mix is first class and at under forty minutes in length you are left wanting more so the replay button is going to get a good workout. There are plenty of post g**nge bands around but Into Century are the best I've heard for a long while and if you're not humming and tapping your foot by the time you've listened to this once there is no hope!!

Into Century - Nobody's Slave (2013) Album Review Into_c10

https://www.facebook.com/intocentury
http://www.intocentury.com/
https://twitter.com/intocentury
http://targetgroup.dk/

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley: www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Into Century - Nobody's Slave (2013) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Into Century - Nobody's Slave (2013) Album Review

Page 1 of 1