BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Kruna - Last Century (2013) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Kruna - Last Century (2013) Album Review Empty
PostKruna - Last Century (2013) Album Review

Kruna - Last Century (2013) Album Review Kruna_10

Kruna - Last Century (2013)
Bakerteam Records -- Running Time 50:04

It's a little ironic that sometimes when reviewing an album we'll say something like "Hey, it's not original, but who cares" then at others we say "It's all been done before and this band bring nothing new to the table!" It's also always interested me that you can absolutely love some bands playing within a particular genre but others, who might not really sound that different, do absolutely nothing for you at all. It all boils down to what clicks for you personally when a particular group of musicians play together. What gives you goose bumps of anticipation one minute might turn to complete apathy the next if just one element is slightly changed and that is what makes music so fascinating.

Italian Melodic Death/Extreme/Metalcore outfit Kruna are, for me, a band that perfectly describe the above statement. They are obviously a fairly talented bunch, but their debut album 'Last Century' and its Soilwork, At The Gates, In Flames, Killswitch Engage and The Black Dahlia Murder metal attack is not original. Now that wouldn't matter if what they played flicked that magical switch in my head. Unfortunately Kruna don't do that and I'm just completely nonplussed. Much of that has to do with the vocals of 'Daniele De Piero' who has no light or shade to his delivery and he just appears to shout his way through the entire album. However, even if Kruna replaced him with someone I loved I don't think it would really make any difference to my overall feel for their music. They don't ignite that spark that makes me love or hate them, they are just...there! With the exception of the songs 'Confessor' and 'Death Without War' that thanks to their more traditional metal leanings piqued my interest slightly and album closer 'Armor' ,which tries to be more diverse but runs out of steam a couple of minutes before the end, 'Last Century' just seems to merge into one fifty minute piece of music that just doesn't hold my interest, although I must give plenty of praise for the great cover artwork. It's one of those that would be studied for long periods if there was a vinyl version of the album!

I sort of feel pretty bad saying all of this because Kruna have been around for a decade now and they are obviously proud of what they've achieved but in a viciously overcrowded market they don't say anything that stands out from the crowd. There are worse bands than Kruna, but there are many better ones and I'm afraid that will probably be there undoing!

Kruna - Last Century (2013) Album Review Kruna_11

https://www.facebook.com/krunaband
http://www.kruna.me/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bakerteam-Records/151232588302442
http://www.bakerteamrecords.com/index.php

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley: www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Kruna - Last Century (2013) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Kruna - Last Century (2013) Album Review

Page 1 of 1