BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

DGM – Momentum (2013) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

DGM – Momentum (2013) Album Review Empty
PostDGM – Momentum (2013) Album Review

DGM – Momentum (2013) Album Review Moment10

DGM – Momentum (2013)
Scarlet Records -- Running Time 56:04

Question! When is a very good album NOT a very good album? Answer! When it’s so bloody brilliant as to render that description completely useless!
DGM’s eighth album ‘Momentum’ has quite literally sprung from nowhere to go straight to the top of my list of best albums for 2013 and it is going to take something of seismic proportions to knock it off that spot. Considering the amount and variety of music I’ve reviewed and listened to already this year, that is really quite a statement, but this is sheer quality and class from start to finish. I’m already on about my twelfth listen, it gets better each time and the goose bumps are ever present.

What makes it so special? Well firstly it’s not just a case of ‘Momentum’ being ‘all killer and no filler’ but every song from opener ‘Reason’ to album closer ‘Blame’ is so utterly stunning that a new word for killer needs to be thought of! To my ears every note is nigh on in perfectly the right place. Vocals, melodies, choruses, solos (keyboard and guitar), tempo, time changes; bass & drums, absolutely everything has been given the Midas touch! Sometimes, the stars align with my eardrums and that is what has happened here. Mark Basile (vocals), Simone Mularoni (guitars), Andrea Arcangeli (bass), Emanuele Casali (keyboards) and Fabio Costantino (drums) have quite simply created a masterpiece and you cannot get the smile off of my face when listening to ‘Momentum’.

DGM have long been regarded as one of the best Prog Metal bands around, although they have never reached the same level of success as Symphony X or Pagan’s Mind. Those bands better watch out though because, whilst the previous albums of DGM that I’ve heard have been very good, ‘Momentum’ takes it into the stratosphere. In fact they couldn’t have picked a better name for the album. As if to prove that those two bands are sitting up and taking notice ‘Russell Allen’ (Symphony X/Adrenaline Mob) and ‘Jorn Viggo Lofstad’ (Pagan’s Mind) make stunning guest appearances on this album to add an even further layer of brilliance. Those of you that read my reviews on Brutiful or elsewhere know that I do not heap praise on an album lightly! I also don’t give scores at this site, but if I did, and to quote an often used line from Spinal Tap, “This one goes up to eleven”!

DGM – Momentum (2013) Album Review Dgm_ba10

https://www.facebook.com/dgmprog
http://www.dgmsite.com
http://www.scarletrecords.it

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley: https://www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

DGM – Momentum (2013) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

DGM – Momentum (2013) Album Review

Page 1 of 1