BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Doomchild - Guided By Idols EP (2013) Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Doomchild - Guided By Idols EP (2013) Review Empty
PostDoomchild - Guided By Idols EP (2013) Review

Doomchild - Guided By Idols EP (2013) Review Guided10

Doomchild - Guided By Idols EP (2013)
Independent/Self Released Running Time 27:12

If you have read my review on here of Lifer's 'Cursing Them Out', or indeed listened to that fabulous album, then you will be familiar with Doomchild's vocalist because this is 'Scriv Lifer's' other band. 'Guided By Idols' is their second EP and as it says on the back of their T-Shirts, Doomchild are 'Pureveyors of Doomcore'.

I've had this CD a few weeks now, but have only just got round to reviewing it. What that has allowed me to do though, is let it grow and develop on me, and the more you listen, the better it gets. This is what I like to think of as Primal Sludge/Doom and the five tracks on 'Guided By Idols' are heavy as fuck, but with a melodic underbelly that eventually worm their way through your skin like a parasite in a horror film.

'Guided By Idols' opens with 'From Birth We Rot' (what a fantastic song title), an almost instrumental song apart from a very eerie spoken word lyric and guitar riff that early Black Sabbath would be proud of. 'Moonshine' and 'Devastation' (which is quite uptempo for doom) follow and this is where 'Scriv's' gutteral screams really come into their own, turning southern tinged riffs, courtesy of guitarists 'Kev Stait' and 'Jason Morgan', that actually wouldn't seem out of place on a Candlemass album, into something much more likely to be on a Crowbar or perhaps an Electric Wizard CD. 'Whiskey On The Wound' and the fabulous 'Your Hell' bring the EP to a close and a very enjoyable thirty minutes.

If I have one small issue, it's with the lyrics which are a little repetetive, but if I remember correctly, Scriv told me that he makes them up on the spot. If that is the case then it's certainly a different way of doing things, but they could do with some more development. Doomchild are completed by the very solid rhythm section of 'Tim Evans' on bass and drummer 'Liam McConnachie and together the five members make a fairly bold statement and also prove that Wales has a fabulous underground metal community producing some great bands at the moment!

Doomchild aren't the finished article just yet, they haven't been together that long, but the seeds have been sown with this EP and I just get the feeling these guys are going to produce something very special next time out.

Doomchild - Guided By Idols EP (2013) Review Doom10

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Doomchild/180932571922587
http://www.reverbnation.com/doomchild

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley: www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Doomchild - Guided By Idols EP (2013) Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Doomchild - Guided By Idols EP (2013) Review

Page 1 of 1