BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Bukowski Family - Unpleasantries Abundant (2013) EP Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Bukowski Family - Unpleasantries Abundant (2013) EP Review Empty
PostBukowski Family - Unpleasantries Abundant (2013) EP Review

Bukowski Family - Unpleasantries Abundant (2013) EP Review Unplea10

Bukowski Family - Unpleasantries Abundant EP (2013)
Artificial God Productions/Metal Detector Music Promotions Running Time 20:22

"Bukowski Family case history is marred with such atrocities as cannibalism, perverted human dismemberment, general unpleasantness and musical ruthless massacre".

That line is the full biography from the press release accompanying 'Unpleasantries Abundant', the new (and fourth) EP from the Bukowski Family and sums up perfectly why you would not actually want to meet this lot anytime of the day, let alone at night. If you like your horror films then the Bukowski Family are the bastard offspring of characters from 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre', 'The Hills Have Eyes', 'Wrong Turn' and 'House of 1000 Corpses' with the vocals sitting somewhere in the area of the sounds heard when watching 'The Evil Dead' and if you hadn't already guessed they play brutal Death Metal, in the vein of old Cannibal Corpse, that if I'm honest, just crosses the line of stuff I would usually listen to because of its heaviness. Listen I have though (a number of times) and the five tracks on offer here (blast beats aside, which I'm not a fan of), are damn good with enough bestial malevolence shown to have 'Leatherface' retreating through the woods with his chainsaw tucked firmly between his legs and leaving a trail of intestines in his wake!

'Chair of Repentance' kicks things off with the twin vocal assault of 'Fats' & 'Piggy' Bukowski literally stripping the skin from your body and the guitar work of 'Mimi' & 'Roman' Bukowski delivering some great riffing. What hits me most though (like the hammer attacks in the film 'Cross Bearer') are the bass of 'Frank' and the quite thunderous drums of 'Wiktor', Jesus wept I wish I could get my drums sounding like that! 'Carne Humana' is the next track and continues in the same vein but personally I like it when the Bukowski's slow down and introduce a more old school Obituary laden sound, which they do on my favourite track 'Fountain of Woe'. This is certainly a direction I would like to hear more of on future releases. 'The Perversion Of The Grimm Tanner' and '6Teen' wrap things up and leave you feeling liked you need an enema to clean out your system! Lyrics are also inhumane and if this was a movie script it wouldn't get past the censors!

Considering the Bukowski Family do everything themselves this is quite frankly a pretty outstanding EP, and if you really love your Death Metal then there really is no excuse not to have 'Unpleasantries Abundant' in your collection and I fully intend to check out their three previous releases.

Bukowski Family - Unpleasantries Abundant (2013) EP Review Band_p10

www.bukowskifamily.com
www.facebook.com/bukowskifamily
www.facebook.com/artificialgodproductions
www.facebook.com/TheMetalDetectorMusicPromotions

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley: www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Bukowski Family - Unpleasantries Abundant (2013) EP Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Bukowski Family - Unpleasantries Abundant (2013) EP Review

Page 1 of 1