BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

My Funeral - Thrash Destruction (2013) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

My Funeral - Thrash Destruction (2013) Album Review Empty
PostMy Funeral - Thrash Destruction (2013) Album Review

My Funeral - Thrash Destruction (2013) Album Review My_fun10

My Funeral – Thrash Destruction (2013)
Violent Journey Records -- Running Time 30:33

Do you fancy a good dose of neck snapping retro thrash, then look no further than the sophomore album ‘Thrash Destruction’ from Finnish band My Funeral, because the title says it all! My Funeral worship at the altar of German and UK thrash, so think Destruction, Sodom and Kreator with a pinch of Onslaught and you’re on the ball. Get the air guitar out of storage, put on your, slightly too small, denim and leather jackets and phone your physiotherapist for an appointment, because once you’ve finished listening to this a few times you’ll need some treatment.

My Funeral don’t go for originality and they don’t piss about with intros or atmospherics, they just go straight for the throat and for the most part it works very well. Guitars, bass and drums are delivered at a pretty ferocious pace and are well played and tight, most of the songs are short, sharp and fairly catchy and the production and mix is full and modern whilst having a retro live feel to it. My one and only niggle is that the vocals of ‘Ilkka Sepponen’ are very ‘barky’ and take a fair bit to get used to. Eventually they start to click but he is never going to worry the likes of ‘Schmier’ or ‘Mille Petrozza’. That, though is a pretty small minus on what is, overall, a damn good thrash album. Songs such as ‘Alcoholic Madness’, ‘Into The Fire’, ‘Killing Spree’ and ‘Man Hunting Season’ will have fans of the genre in a circle pit showing their appreciation.

My only slight concern is that with the proliferation of thrash, new and old, around at the moment, bands such as My Funeral might get passed over in favour of more familiar names. I would urge you to give them a chance though because what they do is pretty good. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it and My Funeral have learned that lesson well, oh and don’t forget the physio appointment!

My Funeral - Thrash Destruction (2013) Album Review My_fun11

www.facebook.com/funeralterror
www.myfuneral.fi/
www.violentjourneyrecords.com/
www.facebook.com/violentjourney

Review writen exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley: www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

]
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

My Funeral - Thrash Destruction (2013) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

My Funeral - Thrash Destruction (2013) Album Review

Page 1 of 1