BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Toxic Holocaust - From The Ashes Of Nuclear Destruction (2013) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful

Zodiac : Aquarius Metal Reputation : 1

Toxic Holocaust - From The Ashes Of Nuclear Destruction (2013) Album Review Empty
PostToxic Holocaust - From The Ashes Of Nuclear Destruction (2013) Album Review

Toxic Holocaust - From The Ashes Of Nuclear Destruction (2013) Album Review From_t10

Toxic Holocaust - From The Ashes Of Nuclear Destruction (2013)
Relapse Records -- Running Time 59.00

Score
8/10

Considering I'm such a Thrash-Head admitting that, before I was sent this album and Chemistry Of Consciousness (review coming soon) I had not really heard much Toxic Holocaust, is a bit diabolical really isn't it? Well that has obviously changed now and I have to say I'm a fully fledged convert. If you like Punk infused, old school Thrash Metal then Toxic Holocaust will most certainly be your thing. What's even more impressive is that 'From The Ashes Of Nuclear Destruction (released in 2013) is not even a proper full length album. What we have here is a collection comprising 22 tracks of demos, compilation submissions and music that appeared on split releases with a band I am much more familiar with 'Municipal Waste' and basically brings, under one roof, all the stuff that a fan might not already have in their collection!

Formed in Portland, Oregon back in 1999, there is absolutely nothing graceful, or indeed unique, about Toxic Holocaust's delivery. This is raw, brutal stuff reminiscent of Venom, Warfare, Bathory, Possessed, very early Voivod, Septic Death & Destructor amongst others, but that doesn't matter because it makes you grin and bang your head until your brain is mush. There is only one song over four minutes on this CD 'Agony Of The Damned' (and that only just makes it). Everything here is short, sharp, sweet, punky and bloody excellent. They are only a three piece but Joel Grind, Phil Gnaast and Nicholas T. Rage make enough noise to silence a Typhoon's after burners!

Look at some of the song titles! 'Metal Attack', 'Thrashing Death', 'Death Camp', 'Nuke The Cross', '666', 'Created To Kill' etc. If you're a Thrash fan, how are you NOT going to love them! Of course you will, and if you don't then you obviously don't have ears! I'm not claiming that Toxic Holocaust are anything other than what they are, but damn this is great stuff. Relapse Records have also recently reissued some of Toxic Holocaust's out of print albums on Ltd Edition coloured vinyl and they look absolutely superb. I'm now going to whip myself HARD for not finding out about them sooner!

Toxic Holocaust - From The Ashes Of Nuclear Destruction (2013) Album Review Promo_11

https://www.facebook.com/ToxicHolocaust
http://www.toxicholocaust.com/
https://twitter.com/ToxicHolocaust
http://www.relapse.com/

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Toxic Holocaust - From The Ashes Of Nuclear Destruction (2013) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Toxic Holocaust - From The Ashes Of Nuclear Destruction (2013) Album Review

Page 1 of 1