BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Section Nineteen - Addict EP (2014) Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful

Zodiac : Aquarius Metal Reputation : 1

Section Nineteen - Addict EP (2014) Review Empty
PostSection Nineteen - Addict EP (2014) Review

Section Nineteen - Addict EP (2014) Review Addict10

Section Nineteen - Addict EP (2014)
Unsigned -- Running Time: 11:18

SCORE
8/10

Here is another of my desperately overdue reviews so huge apologies to Section Nineteen for the delay.
What I have here is a three track promo EP entitled 'Addict' from UK act Section Nineteen who describe themselves as Electrotrash Punk Rock and they are another of the great bands I saw performing for the first time at 2014's Degeneration Festival! I have to be honest and say that when I first saw them arrive on stage, all dressed in red and black, my hopes weren't high but, as is so often the case, first impressions can be very deceptive and their mix of original tracks and very dark cover versions were a weekend highlight for me!

A three piece consisting of Zero (Vocals, Guitars, Synth), Toxic Terri (Bass, Vocals) and Bang Bang (Drum, Vocals) Section Nineteen create dark but very catchy music that consists of a myriad of influences from Adam Ant to The Sex Pistols. Zero has the perfect voice for this style and a huge stage presence. He is also pretty damned good at pounding out dirty rock riffs but is just as adept on the acoustic and adding atmosphere with the synth. Bassist Terri Hamilton (who also plays in and manages The Toxic Twins Aerosmith Tribute band) is an accomplished player and one of a number of extremely talented female musicians that thankfully are appearing in Rock bands more and more these days. If you add Dan Cunningham's excellent rhythms to the mix then Section Nineteen are a very interesting prospect indeed!

The three songs on this EP do a pretty good job of introducing you to the band with the title track opening proceedings and nailing the 'Electrotrash' moniker perfectly mixing sleazy Rock with Gothic Pop and Industrial sounds. It has a simple but great chorus and it gets you moving agreeably within about thirty seconds of the start. 'Asbo' is the next track and has more of an all round Dirty Rock N Roll feel but still contains another catchy chorus. Then the last track here also proves what Section Nineteen can do covering someone else's material. 'Black Or White', you should remember, gave Michael Jackson a pretty big hit a few years ago but Section Nineteen rewrite the rule book when it comes to covers and have completely made the song their own! Their version is much more menacing and even though purists will say "Why change a song so much?", my answer would be "Well why not?" I suspect there are already plenty of bands out there playing a more 'standard' version of the song and it makes a pleasant change to hear some musicians try something different with a well known tune!

Having met and spoken to all three members of the band I can say, without a doubt, what a great bunch they are and the only thing that lets this EP down is that it's too short. If you head over to their Reverbnation page you can find more songs to check out and I think if Section Nineteen get some fair publicity they could definitely appeal to a wide audience!

Section Nineteen - Addict EP (2014) Review Promo_10

https://www.facebook.com/Sectionnineteen
http://www.reverbnation.com/sectionnineteen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4PbzxGaRmU

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley:
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

This review is the property of Rick Tilley and Brutiful Entertainment.
Copying any part of this review for your own use (unless you are the band and/or record label/PR company), is strictly prohibited.
Failure to comply, is considered "plagiarism" and you will be turned over to Google and DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) for immediate take down!

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Section Nineteen - Addict EP (2014) Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Section Nineteen - Addict EP (2014) Review

Page 1 of 1