BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Milestone - Truth EP (2014) Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful

Zodiac : Aquarius Metal Reputation : 1

Milestone - Truth EP (2014) Review Empty
PostMilestone - Truth EP (2014) Review

Milestone - Truth EP (2014) Review Truth_10

Milestone - Truth EP (2014)
Self-Released -- Running Time 20:02

SCORE
8/10

In May 2013 I reviewed the debut EP from Alternative/Classic Rock band Milestone. It was called 'Medicate The Night' and a very good listen it was too. Now, a little over a year later, they are back with EP number two 'Truth'. That time has obviously been well spent because this new set of five tracks sound more confident and assured but there is also something more laid back about them! Basically, Milestone have matured and considering they've only been around since 2012, they are maturing quickly!

Everything that I liked about the band before is still present on 'Truth'. That great combination of Classic & Blues Rock and more Modern Alternative Rock is still prevalent but as the band develop there appears to be a little less of the Classic and a little more of the Alternative! Riffs still bite in that hazy 70's way and the vocals are excellent but they are finding their own identity and sound, settling into it fantastically well. Coming up with something a little different or having a signature sound is all but impossible these days, but Milestone do seem to be achieving it and that's why they are still one of the very few bands, with an alternative rock slant, that I really like!

Opener "73" is the speediest track on offer here and most like what was heard on the debut. An upbeat foot stomper, with some great vocal harmonies, catchy chorus and a fabulous time change about half way through. It gets the adrenaline pumping and is well thought out! After this the other four tracks are all more mid paced in tempo, but as I mentioned in my first review, Milestone know how to switch things about, so all four of them are completely different from each other. To me that's a sign of good song writing skills! Perhaps it's just me but in 'I'd Seen It All' there also appear to be a few tiny echoes of 'The Police'!

Whatever you can hear all tracks are very catchy and get under your skin in a good way. If you like any good Classic Rock and also Queens Of The Stone Age, Rival Sons, Foo Fighters, The Treatment, Eldorado, Them Crooked Vultures and The Brew then you'll love Milestone and will also hear something just a little bit different!

Milestone - Truth EP (2014) Review Milest10

https://www.facebook.com/milestonerock
https://www.youtube.com/user/milestonerocknroll
http://milestonerock.bandcamp.com/album/t-r-u-t-h

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley:
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Milestone - Truth EP (2014) Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Milestone - Truth EP (2014) Review

Page 1 of 1