BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

44 Fires - The False Flag Agenda (2012) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful

Zodiac : Aquarius Metal Reputation : 1

44 Fires - The False Flag Agenda (2012) Album Review Empty
Post44 Fires - The False Flag Agenda (2012) Album Review

44 Fires - The False Flag Agenda (2012) Album Review The_fa10

44 Fires - The False Flag Agenda (2012)
Self-Released -- Running Time 33:15

SCORE
8.5/10

What I have here is 'The False Flag Agenda', the excellent debut from London based Rock/Metal band 44 Fires, very kindly sent to me by vocalist Brian Small. If you like a modern take on Hard Rock and Metal reminiscent of Rage Against The Machine and the very sadly missed (in my opinion) Clawfinger, albeit without the rap bits, then 44 Fires will be a must for you. This is hard hitting, political Metal with enough groove to land a plane in and had my old body gyrating around the house like I was having a fit!!

First thing you notice is the full on, in your face production. This is very loud and the bass guitar hits you like a pneumatic drill which I absolutely love. Opener 'Army Beside Me' is a great track but if anything is a touch more restrained than the remaining songs. Brian spits his lyrics out with real intent, but also plenty of melody, which makes the subject matter all the more passionate. Granted, political lyrics are not everyone's cup of tea, but when they have such bite and fit the music perfectly then it certainly doesn't bother me. They also aren't aimed at particular individuals, more the system in general, which in this day and age could mean just about any country on the planet!

Jay Franklin's guitar work is very good throughout and reminded me of Tom Morello on several occasions, his riffs really do swing, but perhaps a couple more guitar solos here and there wouldn't go amiss! As already alluded to Tony Hampton's bass is thunderous throughout which makes a welcome change to so many bands who completely forget about it when recording and Aaron Beard's drumming plays as perfect accompaniment to the bass and guitar giving everything a sort of Hard Rock and raw Pantera feel!

The short punky attitude of 'Idiot' stands out as a real fist smasher but so does 'Corporate Lies' with the bass, drum line and stop/start riff absolutely ripping through you like an angry mob of protesters. This is great stuff from start to finish with every song having a memorable and catchy riff. If I was still playing seriously in a band this is precisely the stuff I would want to be drumming because it would put a huge smile on my face!

By all accounts 44 Fires put on an excellent live show so I'm very much looking forward to seeing them, and hopefully interviewing them, at Alt-Fest later in the year. At the very least I'll certainly be down the front giving it my all. Take a trip over to their Bandcamp page where you can listen to all of the tracks and purchase the album. It'll be well worth your time and effort!

44 Fires - The False Flag Agenda (2012) Album Review 44fire10

http://44fires.com/
https://www.facebook.com/44firesrock
https://twitter.com/44fires
http://44fires.bandcamp.com/

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

44 Fires - The False Flag Agenda (2012) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

44 Fires - The False Flag Agenda (2012) Album Review