BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Fury - Fury EP (2011) Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Fury - Fury EP (2011) Review Empty
PostFury - Fury EP (2011) Review

Fury - Fury EP (2011) Review Fury_e10

Fury - Fury EP (2011)
Independent -- Running Time 24:40

As if I haven't got enough to do with upcoming 2014 releases plus still having plenty from 2013 to catch up on, I've also been sent a good number of albums and EP's, all released over the last 2-3 years, from up and coming bands who are starting to get regular Festival slots and wider recognition amongst other things. Some are already familiar to me and some aren't but as Brutiful Metal Radio prides itself in trying to focus on smaller independent and unsigned bands then I've bitten the bullet and am going to slot reviews of these releases in as well, when I get the chance. Hey, I like being busy!

First up is the debut, self titled EP from Worcester, UK based band Fury which was originally released in 2011 and it's a cracker. Fury seamlessly blend the early Thrash sound of Metallica, Megadeth and Flotsam & Jetsam etc, with the Classic Metal of Judas Priest & Iron Maiden and huge dollops of NWOBHM acts such as Diamond Head, Grim Reaper, Satan, Tank and Blitzkrieg amongst others. This EP contains five tracks of rip roaring Heavy Metal but far from feeling like a rehash it is fresh, exciting and powerful!

Guitarist Julian Jenkins (great solos as well Julian) and drummer Alasdair Davis provide the thrashy backbone with some furious riffing and thumping. These songs are fast and catchy and these two are ably backed up by the bass guitar of Martin Trail. However, what makes this a more Trad/New Wave of British Heavy Metal offering are the vocals of Joel Peters (who also plays guitar). He has a clear, old school, singing voice, as opposed to a more thrash and gruff roar, and you can hear every word he sings, but it contains balls enough to make Ron Jeremy proud! Put this all together and Fury have found a niche and sound of their own!

Opening with 'Faith That Would Not Kill' leaves you in no doubt that Fury are not only great musicians but also er...furious! 'Dawn Of Survival', 'Eyes Of The Dead and 'War Machine' (with the sounds of air raid sirens and gunfire as an intro) follow in similar fashion and contain enough hooks that you could snag a shark! Pick of the bunch though has to go to closing track 'Purgatory' which has the word 'Anthem' written all over it in large bloody letters. It's riff could happily sit next to 'Whiplash' or 'Metal Militia' from Metallica's debut 'Kill 'Em All'. It's a ferocious track that showcases everything that is good about Fury!

If you don't headbang when listening to this EP then I'm afraid there is no hope for you or you're already dead!

Fury - Fury EP (2011) Review Top10

https://www.facebook.com/furyofficial
http://furyofficial.com/
https://twitter.com/furyofficial
http://www.furyofficial.bigcartel.com

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Fury - Fury EP (2011) Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Fury - Fury EP (2011) Review