BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Hybris - Heavy Machinery (2013) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Hybris - Heavy Machinery (2013) Album Review Empty
PostHybris - Heavy Machinery (2013) Album Review

Hybris - Heavy Machinery (2013) Album Review Heavy_10

Hybris - Heavy Machinery (2013)
Candlelight Records -- Running Time 45:10

I was surprised when I heard earlier this year that vocalist James 'Duke Fang' Begley had left Iron Knights (aka Stuka Squadron), but you cannot keep a good man down and it has given him the opportunity to sink his long teeth into the other band he is a member of, London based 'Hybris'. Debut album 'Heavy Machinery' has been a long time coming but is an absolute cracker and if the truth be told this band actually suits his voice better!

To cut a long story short guitarist 'Federica Gialanze' (ex Centurions Ghost) originally started writing material for this band in the early 2000's and it was her intention to have an all female band. Finding the correct people, however, was a fruitless task and due to other commitments things were put on hold. We have now ended up with a three male/two female lineup, which makes a pleasant change to the norm especially as neither of the females are vocalists! Hybris play Thrash Metal with some trad metal and progressive leanings and they make a fabulous job of it. To my ears they are up there with some of my other recent favourite thrash bands such as Reign Of Fury, Incinery, Perpetual Warfare and 4Arm. It's the old school sound that shines on 'Heavy Machinery' though. If you love Exodus, Onslaught, Testament, Vio-Lence, Dark Angel with hints of Atheist, Annihilator and Piledriver then you are going to adore this album! Even the artwork reminded me a little of 'Shovel Headed Killing Machine' by Exodus.

Instrumental opener 'Uprising' keeps you in suspense, but not for long! Before you know it first track proper 'Hypertube' has started and the smile was immediately on my face and it didn't let up for the duration. This is pretty savage and hard hitting stuff but it's done with more than a hint of NWOBHM twin guitar and the whole thing sounds 'real'. Too many bands are using plenty of tricks in the studio these days but Hybris are not one of them!

I don't have favourites on this album because every track gives me the required thump in the stomach that I need to feel completely satisfied. I'll name some of them though because just reading the titles will give you an idea of Hybris' sound! How about 'Collision', 'Insidious', 'Volcano' 'Hubris' and 'Cult Of Doom', will that do? Everything you want from a great thrash album is here. Great time changes, thumping drums, razor fast riffing, fab bass work, gang vocals and most importantly of all songs as catchy as the bubonic plague!

Since this lineup was finalised Hybris have already supported the likes of Municipal Waste and Helstar and played the London Candlefest alongside Anaal Nathrakh and Winterfylleth. Thrash is really on the up at the moment and I couldn't be happier about that. Hybris are an excellent addition to the genre and I'm very much looking forward to seeing what the future holds for them!

Hybris - Heavy Machinery (2013) Album Review Hybris10

http://www.hybrisband.com/
https://www.facebook.com/HYBRISUK
http://www.candlelightrecords.co.uk/
https://www.facebook.com/candlelightrecords

Review written for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Hybris - Heavy Machinery (2013) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Hybris - Heavy Machinery (2013) Album Review