BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Raging Age - Regions Of Sorrow (2013) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Raging Age - Regions Of Sorrow (2013) Album Review Empty
PostRaging Age - Regions Of Sorrow (2013) Album Review

Raging Age - Regions Of Sorrow (2013) Album Review Region10

Raging Age - Regions Of Sorrow (2013)
WormHoleDeath Records -- Running Time 42:23

Raging Age are a Death Metal four piece from Italy and 'Regions Of Sorrow' is their debut album which was released earlier this year. Formed, and releasing a demo, in 2011 the band have wasted no time getting this CD out whilst performing plenty of gigs and Festivals in their home country.

Raging Age are certainly not your average death metal act. Their sound incorporates plenty of classic thrash and Swedish metal references which musically adds plenty of variety to their sound. 'Cerberus' kicks the album off in fist pumping style and is one of the best tracks showcased here. What I noticed immediately is the excellent drumming from sticksman 'Eric'. Now for me that is usually a good thing, I do love to be able to hear the drums clearly, but Raging Age have seriously got the drums too high in the mix on 'Regions Of Sorrow' which is a shame because it hinders the lead & rhythm guitar of 'Thorkell' and the rhythm and acoustic guitar of 'Jeky' which are very diverse and very good. I'm taking nothing away from 'Eric' though whose feet must have been on fire when finishing some of the recording on this!

What I really like about Raging Age is the amount of groove they have in their songs. These guys can play fast when they want to but they do not overdo the speed, preferring to slow it down a bit and crunch those riffs into your face which is something I much prefer. Listen to 'Noch Ein Mal' for a good example. 'Vocally 'Fil' does a competent job, preferring to use a low register growl, which is very old school death in sound. He is not a bad vocalist but he does come across as the weak link on this album. I would prefer the vocals to contain more variety to adequately represent some of the very good musicianship. Some occasional clean vocals would definitely spice things up in places!

What I also found with 'Regions Of Sorrow' (and remember this is after a number of spins) is that the songs don't really stick in your head. There is nothing here that really shouts 'outstanding' or gives me that 'wow' feeling in the pit of my stomach! Raging Age are certainly a good band, musically sound and should probably appeal to fans of classic and more modern Death and Thrash Metal but next time around they'll need to come up with some better songs overall to really capture my imagination!

Raging Age - Regions Of Sorrow (2013) Album Review Raging10

http://www.ragingage.com/
https://www.facebook.com/RagingAgeOfficial
http://www.wormholedeath.com/

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Raging Age - Regions Of Sorrow (2013) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Raging Age - Regions Of Sorrow (2013) Album Review

Page 1 of 1