BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Toledo Steel - Toledo Steel EP (2013) Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful

Zodiac : Aquarius Metal Reputation : 1

Toledo Steel - Toledo Steel EP (2013) Review Empty
PostToledo Steel - Toledo Steel EP (2013) Review

Toledo Steel - Toledo Steel EP (2013) Review Toledo10

Toledo Steel - Toledo Steel EP (2013)
Self-Released -- Running Time 13:32

Score
8.5/10

As if any proof were needed that the UK has a huge pot of talent in the metal and rock genres these days, Southampton based Toledo Steel have arrived to drive the message home like a six inch nail to the skull. If you crave the days of proper Heavy Metal/NWOBHM acts such as Iron Maiden, Saxon, Grim Reaper and Judas Priest but also adding a modern twist with the likes of Cauldron, Diamond Plate, Ruthless Steel, Wardrum etc then Toledo Steel are going to have you foaming at the mouth.

I was lucky enough to witness the guys live recently, opening for Stampede at The Rock Den, and they were an immediate hit with me and the rest of the crowd. This three track debut EP proves that anything they do in the studio they can reproduce live with bells on (and without any studio trickery) Vocalist Rich Rutter has a big voice with an even bigger range. High notes are no problem for this guy and he reminds me of a young Bruce Dickinson fused with Paul Di'Anno! All three tracks 'Alcatraz', 'Black Widow' and 'Flames Arise' are full of great riffs and solos, more than solid drumming by Matt Dobson, thumping bass lines courtesy of Dave Lovell and some great gang vocals. Guitarists Kyle House & Tom Potter work extremely well together and the dual harmony solo in 'Flames Arise' would make Adrian Smith and Dave Murray proud had they played it!

Everything is nicely produced (by Mike Taylor of Mutant Studios, Southampton). It's real and raw but all the instruments can be heard and it captures the live feel of the band perfectly. What I love about Toledo Steel is the passion and enthusiasm that comes across on this CD. Having met them I can only say that their passion and fun is multiplied by ten when you see them live. My only gripe is that three songs is not enough and I cannot wait for a full length debut album. I'm also very happy to say that I'll be watching them live again later in the year and if you see their name pop up at a gig near you then this is one group you shouldn't miss. Anyone that says that there are no great new bands around or that Metal is boring these days needs to stop talking with their arsehole and open their eyes because Toledo Steel (and many others) prove you completely and utterly incorrect!

Toledo Steel - Toledo Steel EP (2013) Review Toledo11

www.facebook.com/toledosteelband
www.reverbnation.com/toledosteel

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Toledo Steel picture courtesy of Sally Newhouse
www.facebook.com/Punkrocksalmedia

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Toledo Steel - Toledo Steel EP (2013) Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Toledo Steel - Toledo Steel EP (2013) Review