BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Jizzy Pearl - Crucified EP (2014) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful

Zodiac : Aquarius Metal Reputation : 1

Jizzy Pearl - Crucified EP (2014) Album Review Empty
PostJizzy Pearl - Crucified EP (2014) Album Review

Jizzy Pearl - Crucified EP (2014) Album Review Crucif10

Jizzy Pearl - Crucified EP (2014)
Self-Released/Stampede Press -- Running Time 21:40

Score
6/10

'Crucified', the new EP/Mini Album from Jizzy Pearl was supposed to be released under the Love/Hate name, but due to legal issues with ex-members of that band it has now gone out as a solo record with adapted cover artwork. Whilst, to a certain extent, I can understand Jizzy's subsequent statement about how exasperated he is with all of these issues and that Love/Hate doesn't make the amount of money that some of these ex-members think it still does, it is still almost without question that him using the name on albums and tours will guarantee a bigger income than if he went out as a solo artist, that's just how it rolls! Ok, it might not be a million but $10 is still more than $5!

Perhaps I'm being particularly harsh, after all I'm not the world's biggest Love/Hate fan, but for someone who thinks this way, he has made a career, since Love/Hate, of joining bands pretty much trading on past glories. L.A Guns, Ratt and of course he is the now the new vocalist of Quiet Riot! Ironically though, all this talk in recent weeks has also made sure he is getting more print and blog space than he would have done otherwise! Yes...before you say it, I am tremendously cynical! At least he has said, that after his current UK Tour, he will be putting the Love/Hate name to bed completely. I just think it's a shame he doesn't seem to have more faith in his own ability because while 'Crucified' won't break any records for originality it's actually a pretty good listen!
Kicking off with 'Hanging You Out To Dry' is a great way to start. A just over two minute dirty, sleazy Punk Rock song. It's catchy with a great short chorus. 'Sunny Day' is slower but musically no less sleazy, even if it is a love song to his girlfriend. These first two tracks are the nearest you will get to Love/Hate songs! 'You're Making Me Nervous' immediately reminded me of Alice Cooper and is another good song. 'I Don't Want To Be Your Baby' in his own words "is a twist on the traditional Power Ballad". It's been done a thousand times before but it's done well. 'Love Is All' is quite Zeppelin in places but something sounds wrong with the beginning of the chorus. If it was intended, it doesn't work for me. Final track 'Too Late' is another quieter song but with an almost reggae beat that is ok!

The first half of the EP definitely works better for me, something I found with Love/Hate as well to be fair. They always loaded the front end of albums with the best stuff. Production is acceptable but, unfortunately, the better tracks seem to have the vocals too high in the mix. Jizzy's voice has matured well with age which I'm pleased about, but as we have found out, the same cannot be said for all the band members who seem intent on destroying whatever credibility the L/H brand had in the first place. It's all a bit sad really!

Jizzy Pearl - Crucified EP (2014) Album Review Jizzy_10

https://www.facebook.com/JizzyPearlsLoveHate
http://www.lovehateofficial.com/
https://twitter.com/LoveHateJizzy
http://www.stampedepressuk.com/

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Jizzy Pearl - Crucified EP (2014) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Jizzy Pearl - Crucified EP (2014) Album Review