BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Ram-Page - The Depths Of Rage (2013) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Ram-Page - The Depths Of Rage (2013) Album Review Empty
PostRam-Page - The Depths Of Rage (2013) Album Review

Ram-Page - The Depths Of Rage (2013) Album Review The_de11

Ram-Page - The Depths Of Rage (2013)
Metal Scrap Records Running Time 34:33

Score: 4/10

No waffling, I'm getting straight to the point on this one!

Ram-Page are four piece band from Russia and were formed in 2010. 'The Depths Of Rage' was released in Russia a couple of months back but has only just got a worldwide release! They are called a Thrash/Death band on the Press release but I personally have to say that other than the vocals (more on them later) and a faster drum beat every now and again this really doesn't warrant that tag. It's very Heavy Metal and you could perhaps compare it to some of the early speed metal releases from the 80's but compared to bands such as Destruction, Kreator, Exodus and Testament...well it doesn't come close! All twelve tracks follow a very similar pattern which make them a little interchangeable and the songs are fairly simplistic in construction although there are plenty of time changes. Most of the songs lack a really big chorus or hook which is also an issue and I don't remember much once the album has finished!

Having said that the musicianship is fairly tight courtesy of 'Alexey Valentov' (drums) and 'Dimitry Dolgov' (bass) with 'Sergey Privalov' (guitar) proving he has got a few chops. Unfortunately we have a huge problem with Ram-Page and that is vocalist 'Vlad Privalov'. He is the link that probably gives the band their Death tag although his vocals are more Blackened Thrash'. However you want to describe them they are some of the most ridiculous I've ever heard!

Vlad, please! You sound like South Park's Cartman having a fight with Kermit The Frog, whilst suffering from a really bad case of laryngitis which you appear to be trying to cure by taking lots of helium and it completely and utterly ruins the album. Please consider a different career, because 'singing' is not your forte!

I don't know if guitarist Sergey is Vlad's brother (same surname) but if he is then he really needs to quit the brotherly love and get someone else in because Ram-Page could be a half decent, club level, Heavy Metal band if he did. What's even more frustrating is that this is their third album in just over three years which either means they don't give a damn or have a promoter/manager who is tone deaf/lying to them!

'The Depths Of Rage' really should have been entitled 'The Depths Of Despair' because that is how I now feel having listened to it several times. I'm off to get my perforated eardrums fixed!

Ram-Page - The Depths Of Rage (2013) Album Review Ram-pa10

https://myspace.com/ram-page/
http://metalscraprecords.com/
https://www.facebook.com/MetalScrapRec
http://metalscraprecords.bandcamp.com/album/ram-page-the-depths-of-rage-cd

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Ram-Page - The Depths Of Rage (2013) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Ram-Page - The Depths Of Rage (2013) Album Review