BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Primitai - Rise Again (2013) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Primitai - Rise Again (2013) Album Review Empty
PostPrimitai - Rise Again (2013) Album Review

Primitai - Rise Again (2013) Album Review Rise_a10

Primitai - Rise Again (2013)
Green China Records -- Running Time 47:47

I first got to hear about Primitai in 2010 not long after their very impressive second album 'The Line Of Fire' was released. I was on one of my regular visits to 'The Saxon Forum', where lead/rhythm guitarist Srdjan Bilic also goes, as like myself, he is a big Saxon fan. In 2011 I was fortunate enough to see Primitai, not only at the 'High Voltage Festival' in London, but also 'Bloodstock Festival' and both times they put on great performances. I've been looking forward to the release of 'Rise Again' for a fair while now, so the question is has the wait been worth it?

Absolutely it has! 'Rise Again' is by far the best, most mature and catchiest album that Primitai have released! In modern terms this is about as classic heavy metal as you can get and yet still appeal to the new breed of fans. Led by the immense vocals of Guy Miller, Primitai have released a neck snapper of superior quality that should easily see them rise up the ranks. Joining Srdjan and Guy are new second lead/rhythm guitarist Tom Draper, bassist Jamie LordCastle and thunderous drummer Chris Chilcott and together they make a fearsome unit!

'Fortune Favours The Brave' is a fabulous anthemic opening track that sets the scene for nearly fifty minutes of cracking tunes. Primitai remind me very much of German band Rage in places, especially during 'The Huntress', but with an awesome twin guitar attack that is thoroughly British. Add to that influences such as Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and of course Saxon but with a modern twist that keeps them completely 'in the now'. First single 'Scream When You See Us' is one of the catchiest songs I've heard this year and also features the talents of guest guitarist 'Richie Faulkner from Judas Priest. Guitar work in 'The Cannibal' and the title track has an almost heavy metal Thin Lizzy Feel to it and the riff for 'Holy Defender' could quite happily be from a latter day Saxon album! Closing track 'What Watches Over Me' adds another string to the bow by being a brooding ballad during the verse and building nicely to a brilliant mid-pace but thumping chorus! Primitai mix up the riffs and tempos to great effect, thanks to the choruses & melodies the songs stick in your head long after they have finished and the album is beautifully produced.

They have toured relentlessly, supporting some of the biggest names around over the last 2-3 years, and the hard work has really paid off. Primitai have to be considered as one of the best young heavy metal bands and 'Rise Again' one of the best albums the UK has offered us this year!

Primitai - Rise Again (2013) Album Review Primit10

http://www.primitai.com/
https://www.facebook.com/primitai
http://primitaiofficial.bigcartel.com

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley: www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Primitai - Rise Again (2013) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Primitai - Rise Again (2013) Album Review

Page 1 of 1