BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Incinery - Dawn Of War EP (2011) Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Incinery - Dawn Of War EP (2011) Review Empty
PostIncinery - Dawn Of War EP (2011) Review

Incinery - Dawn Of War EP (2011) Review Dawn_o10

Incinery - Dawn Of War EP (2011)
Self Released/Independent -- Running Time: 24:09

Occasionally you go to a gig and the first band of the evening absolutely blow you away, then after wiping the smile (and sweat) from your face try to fathom out why you've never heard of them before. That is what happened to me recently when I saw Midlands, UK based thrash band Incinery bulldoze 'The Nottingham Rescue Rooms' and I have now made it my mission to make up for lost time!

Incinery were formed in 2009 and in the last couple of years have been attracting a substantial and very loyal following. Listening to their debut EP 'Dawn Of War' from 2011, it's easy to understand why. This is about as close to classic 'Bay Area Thrash' as you are likely to get these days, coupled with a slight modern twist and production that should that should have lovers of the genre in dribbling mode! Testament, Exodus, Forbidden and a whole host of smaller bands from the 1980's would've been proud to write any of these songs as would more modern thrash outfits such as Evile, Hatriot and 4ARM, which makes the fact that this is self released all the more remarkable!

Most bands wouldn't have the guts to start their debut CD with a near nine minute song, Incinery not only do that but nail it completely with 'Rise' and by the time the first chorus hit I was totally hooked. Like the above named bands Incinery not only know when to hit you with speed but also when to slow down and that is what makes these songs so neck snappingly good! 'Life Of Hate' and 'Lamb To Slaughter' follow and whilst they are shorter they are no less impressive. What you also begin to notice is that the solo work of guitarists 'Jason Chaikeawrung' and Chris Kenny has a slightly 'off kilter,' Slayer feel to it that works extremely well! 'Dawn Of War' is completed by the excellent seven minute title track and then whoosh, it's all over. After that the only thing you want to do is hit the play button again!

Completing the Incinery lineup are 'James Rawlings', whose vocals spit venom and the superb rhythm section of bassist 'David Jordan and drummer 'Ste Dudley' All five of them work so well together and that is half the battle when forming a band. If you are a regular reader of my reviews then you'll know 'Thrash' is one of my big loves and even though I wouldn't ever say that Incinery have rewritten the rule book, they are still one of the most exciting bands in the genre that I've heard for a long while!

https://www.facebook.com/incinery
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Incinerators-Disciples-of-thrash-metal-band-INCINERY/306165272810452
https://twitter.com/Incineryuk
https://www.facebook.com/OATH.Communications

Incinery - Dawn Of War EP (2011) Review Incine10
Pictures Courtesy of Oath Communications and Alison Richards

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley: www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Incinery - Dawn Of War EP (2011) Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Incinery - Dawn Of War EP (2011) Review

Page 1 of 1