BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

AirheadS - ...And Madness Broke Loose (2013) EP Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

AirheadS - ...And Madness Broke Loose (2013) EP Review Empty
PostAirheadS - ...And Madness Broke Loose (2013) EP Review

AirheadS - ...And Madness Broke Loose (2013) EP Review And_ma10

AirheadS - ...And Madness Broke Loose EP (2013)
Independent/Self Released -- Running Time 30:14

Airheads are a band who I've been watching for a number of months now. From listening to their original demo (first released in 2011), checking out live clips of them posted on Facebook and reading about the progress of the debut, six track,  EP that I am now reviewing '...And Madness Broke Loose'. Hailing from Thessaloniki in Greece, Airheads are one of a growing number of bands tagged as 'NWOTHM' (New Wave Of Traditional Heavy Metal). Basically they have taken the blueprint from late 1970's/early 1980's British Heavy Metal and have stuck with it, so what you've got here is a band whose main influence is obviously Iron Maiden (right down to the red and white logo and cover art reminiscent of Killers) but, because they have recorded this with such youthful exuberance, it also evokes great memories of many bands I first heard as a young teenager, such as Saxon, Tank, Witchfynde, Raven, Samson, Angel Witch and Savage etc.

Instrumental opener 'The Dusk' leads into first track proper 'Like Thunder' and my foot was tapping almost immediately. The EP actually improves as it goes on and my favourite tracks are the last two 'Dive 'N' Let Die' and 'Breakout' which both include some fantastic bass guitar work. Considering this has been recorded, produced and independently released by Airheads then 'Scarlet' (Lead Vocals), 'Stou' (Guitars/Backing Vocals), 'Harvester' (Guitar/Backing Vocals), 'Jim' (Bass/Backing Vocals) and 'Jack' (Drums/Backing Vocals) really should be very proud of themselves.

Airheads are VERY young guys and I know how much releasing this EP means to them. That positive attitude shines through in the music, so even though there are a few rough edges you cannot help but go hunting for your old patch covered denim jacket before standing in front of the mirror with a hairbrush and doing your best Bruce Dickinson impression! There is a pretty good fanbase for traditional metal in Greece and Airheads should do well. All I would ask them to do next time is to find a little bit more of their own identity rather than relying too heavily on Maiden. Other than that this is a great little EP from a very enjoyable band. Check 'em out!

AirheadS - ...And Madness Broke Loose (2013) EP Review Airhea10

https://www.facebook.com/pages/AirheadS/260087160698872
https://www.youtube.com/user/AirHead860
https://www.reverbnation.com/airheads
https://twitter.com/AirheadSBand

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley: www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

AirheadS - ...And Madness Broke Loose (2013) EP Review :: Comments

No Comment.

AirheadS - ...And Madness Broke Loose (2013) EP Review

Page 1 of 1