BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Shotgun Revolution - S/T (2013) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Shotgun Revolution -  S/T (2013) Album Review Empty
PostShotgun Revolution - S/T (2013) Album Review

Shotgun Revolution -  S/T (2013) Album Review Shotgu10

Shotgun Revolution -  S/T (2013)
Target Records -- Running Time 43:38

I always do research on a band before I start writing a review, especially if they are getting rave comments but I fail to be getting quite as excited as everyone else. Through this research I am learning that some reviewers quite obviously do not do their homework. Believe me, I'm not perfect and we all make mistakes but most reviews of this Shotgun Revolution album are treating it as containing new material, when in actual fact (and this is clearly stated on the bands website) it is a mixture of the 'best' tracks from their first two, Danish released, albums 'Join The Revolution' (2010) and 'The Legacy Of Childhood Dreams' (2012), so all that is new, apart from the name and artwork, is that these tracks are receiving a pan European release for the first time as the band seek to expand their fanbase. This might also account for many comments regarding the diversity of the album as, of course, some of the tracks are two years newer. Rant over!

Shotgun Revolution play their Rock in the vein of Guns N' Roses/Slash, Aerosmith, Motley Crue and more modern bands such as Buckcherry, Knock Out Kaine and Reckless Love but much like the new Voodoo Highway album, that I reviewed on here recently, whilst being good, they don't do anything that really stands out as stunning or deserving of all the grand comments. What might be going in their favour is that co-producer, on both the albums released so far, is the mighty 'Flemming Rasmussen' (he of Metallica fame) who has been quoted as saying "This band is the best rock band to come out of Denmark...ever...". Now... whilst I don't really want to argue with the great man, and yes I know the following aren't all strictly 'Rock', but I wonder what Pretty Maids, Volbeat, D-A-D, Royal Hunt, Artillery and King Diamond would have to say about that?

At any rate Shotgun Revolution (the album) is still an enjoyable listen of Sunset Strip Hard Rock, with 'I Don't Care', 'Bleeding', 'Hopefully' and 'Flipside' certainly being the strongest tracks. What is slightly worrying though, is that all of those are from 2010 with the 'newer' tracks being somewhat more predictable and samey. However, the playing of 'Martin Frank' (guitars), 'Henrik Berger' (guitars), 'Michael V.Carlsen (bass) and 'Kasper Lund' (drums) is very good, vocalist 'Ditlev Ulriksen' has a great voice and thanks to Rasmussen's production everything sounds pristine. So a flawed album but Shotgun Revolution do show much promise. With slightly stronger songs (and a few less 'fucks' in the lyrics please) they could certainly be a band to look out for!

Shotgun Revolution -  S/T (2013) Album Review Band_p11

www.shotgunrevolution.com
www.facebook.com/shotgunrevolution
www.targetdistribution.dk/shotgunrevolution

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley: www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Shotgun Revolution - S/T (2013) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Shotgun Revolution - S/T (2013) Album Review

Page 1 of 1