BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Empyrios - Zion (2013) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Empyrios - Zion (2013) Album Review Empty
PostEmpyrios - Zion (2013) Album Review

Empyrios - Zion (2013) Album Review Zion_c10

Empyrios - Zion (2013)
Scarlet Records Running Time 52:36

Incredibly enough we are already half way through 2013, and it really has been a wonderful six months of quality music releases. Luckily, that trend doesn't appear to be ending soon as I now have in my hands another outstanding album. Empyrios are not a new name to me, but this is the first time I've listened to one of their albums in its entirety and from start to finish this is Progressive Metal with an Industrial feel of the highest order.

Originally founded by virtuoso guitarist 'Simone Mularoni' (also a member of the stunning DGM, a band who have already released one of my favourite albums of 2013 'Momentum'), 'Zion' is the third album from Empyrios and has actually been a long time coming as all the members have been extremely busy in other projects, but it's safe to say the wait has been well worth it and that Italy really is emerging as a hotbed of talent. If you like advanced Progressive Metal from bands such as Symphony X,  Pagan's Mind and Threshold then mix in Meshuggah, Strapping Young Lad, Devin Townsend Project and a little Fear Factory then you have got Empyrios and the mix of styles works wonders.

What really raises this band and album though is the quite incredible guitar work and production of 'Mularoni' (his playing gives me goose bumps) and the superb vocals of 'Silvio Mancini' who mixes clean and harsh voices and sounds like 'Russell Allen (Symphony X, Adrenaline Mob) mixed with 'Devin Townsend'. Backed up by the formidable rhythm team of 'Simone Bertozzi' (Mnemic) on bass and 'Dario Ciccioni' (Hartmann) on drums you just cannot go wrong with this album!

'Zion' encompasses a huge story arc which sees mankind waking from a deep state of unconsciousness and realising that the current age is cursed have to travel back to their origin to redeem themselves. This all works incredibly well within the genre of music that Empyrios sit, although you don't really have to appreciate the story to enjoy the music. Opener 'Nescience' is a real statement of intent and 'Zion' doesn't let up for the duration delivering eleven songs bursting with energy, melody and groove. 'Masters', 'Wormhole', 'Reverie' and 'Blackmail' are all utterly fantastic but I'm not going to pick any favourites because the whole album is full of them. This is a very different beast from 'Mularoni's' other band DGM, but he has managed to release two stunning albums in 2013 and it beggars belief that he can come up with so many good songs. He really is a talent to watch out for, Empyrios demand your attention and will hopefully gain your respect. Highly recommended!

Empyrios - Zion (2013) Album Review Zion_b10

https://www.facebook.com/empyrios
http://www.scarletrecords.it/
https://www.facebook.com/scarletrecords

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley: www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Empyrios - Zion (2013) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Empyrios - Zion (2013) Album Review

Page 1 of 1