BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Famous Underground - Famous Underground (2013) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Famous Underground - Famous Underground (2013) Album Review Empty
PostFamous Underground - Famous Underground (2013) Album Review

Famous Underground - Famous Underground (2013) Album Review Famous10

Famous Underground - Famous Underground (2013)
Dust On The Track Records/Rock N Growl Promotion -- Running Time: 51:55

Next up in my extremely diverse review pile this month is the self-titled, debut album from Canadian Hard Rock/Heavy Metal band Famous Underground and guess what? It's a pretty decent slab of sleazy late 80's LA Strip rock mixed with early 80's metal and hint of a more modern sound. Think Guns N' Roses, Skid Row, Pretty Maids and latter day Megadeth and you'll get my drift, although you will undoubtedly hear your own faves contained within!

Vocalist 'Nick Walsh' is no stranger to the scene, having apparently had some success in Canada with one of his previous bands 'Slik Toxik in the early 90's. I've not had the pleasure of listening to any of their output, but if they sounded anything like Famous Underground then I can well imagine the reason the band called it quits in 1995 was due to the onset of the G-G-G-runge movement (I have trouble saying that word without breaking into a sweat)! What listening to this also proves is that 'Walsh' has a fairly decent set of pipes which are tailored beautifully for this sort of music. He sounds like a less raspy version of 'Sebastan Bach' and this album has hit just as the right time, certainly as this genre of music has made a big comeback in the last 2-3 years, especially in Europe, which I'm assuming is why the deal with Dust On The Tracks Records has been inked!

Joining Nick on this release are long time musical partner 'Laurie-Anne Green' (bass), 'Rick Corvese' (guitars), 'Darren Boyd' (guitars) and fabulously named 'Desche Sparboom' (drums) and the eleven songs, plus two bonus acoustic cuts, are well played and contain enough bite and groove to have most people tapping their feet and heads. 'Wasteland', 'Dead Weight', 'Mommy Is A Junkie' and the pretty heavy 'Bullet Train' are all worthy of mention, although one of the ballads 'Forever And A Day' is far too dated, sugary and really should have been left off. Likewise the acoustic versions of 'Dead Weight' and 'On Broken Wings (Reprise)' do not work as well as their full band counterparts and somewhat dilute the end of the album which is a shame. With Nick also dealing very well with production duties and a great mix from Darius Szczepaniak (The Black Crowes) this also sounds fantastic.

Famous Underground may not be producing anything particularly original, and there have been better genre releases recently from Knock Out Kaine and Dynazty, but they are well worth a listen and if you like this type of rock and metal then you could do a lot worse than adding this to your collection.

Famous Underground - Famous Underground (2013) Album Review Fu210

www.facebook.com/famousunderground
www.famousunderground.tv
www.facebook.com/pages/DUST-ON-THE-TRACKS-Records/217606008291541
www.rockngrowl.com/

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley: www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Famous Underground - Famous Underground (2013) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Famous Underground - Famous Underground (2013) Album Review

Page 1 of 1