BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Siamese:Fighting:Fish – Breathe:See:Move (2013) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Siamese:Fighting:Fish – Breathe:See:Move (2013) Album Review Empty
PostSiamese:Fighting:Fish – Breathe:See:Move (2013) Album Review

Siamese:Fighting:Fish – Breathe:See:Move (2013) Album Review Breath10

Siamese:Fighting:Fish – Breathe:See:Move (2013)
Target Distribution/Mighty Music -- Running Time 42:52

As readers of the other site I write for will already know, Indie/Alternative/Pop Punk/Modern Metalcore and Emo etc are not my preferred styles of rock music and that usually reflects in my reviews, although there are exceptions to the rule. I thought it was important you were aware of that though, as this is the first album review I have written for Brutiful that deals with a band in that general musical area, but luckily Siamese:Fighting:Fish (probably one of the weirdest names I have encountered), and a band that I would not have usually bothered with are indeed ‘mostly’ an exception to the rule and second album ‘Breathe:See:Move’ is, on the whole, a fantastic listen and well worthy of attention!

Siamese:Fighting:Fish are a six piece band hailing from Denmark, releasing their debut album ‘We Are The Sound’ in 2011 to very positive reviews in their home country. Second album ‘Breathe:See:Move’ has already been available there since August 2012 and has received a top ten position in the Danish Album Charts and Scandinavia’s largest Rock/Metal magazine  named it best album of 2012, the band also received a GAFFA award for ‘Best Hardrock Album of 2012’. ‘Now Breathe:See:Move’ is being readied for a full European release.

Now...why do I like this band above many others of their style? Well, they take all the best bits of Alt Rock./Post Hardcore from the 90’s and 00’s, mix it with a huge (and fabulous dose) of progressiveness and add...wait for it, swathes of violin, which absolutely makes this album so pleasing to listen to in places that I wish it was used by more bands! Opener ‘H.A.U.T. is actually one of the tracks I like less, being of a very alternative nature, but when the violin arrives in the bridge it works. Next up is ‘Party Like Charlie Sheen’ which has a more Pop Punk feel and again it is the violin and a great pre chorus riff that add to the song. Both of these have a more overtly commercial feel. However from ‘Crap Is The New Black’ (which has an amazing guitar/violin solo dual), the album improves fantastically and apart from a couple of songs, including the closing ‘Scarred By Omens’, which utilise the dreadful Metalcore/Screamo style of vocals, which do absolutely nothing for me at all, every song is a winner with two standing out in particular. Firstly ‘Give In’, which is a quieter song but has a fantastic vocal melody that raises the song into the clouds and secondly ‘How Long Will It Take’, another ballad which has an almost oriental feel and once again a melody and chorus to die for! ‘A Liar Cried Wolf’ and ‘Yes Say No’ are other notable high points.

Congratulations to ‘Mirza Radonjica’ (vocals), ‘Andreas Krüger’ (guitar), ‘Rasmus Krøyer’ (guitar), ‘Morten B. Jacobsen’ (bass), ‘Joakim Stilling’ (drums) and especially ‘Christian H. Lauritzen’ (violin) for creating an album, that while not perfect, has intrigued me, more than enough, to follow Siamese:Fighting:Fish and open my ears a little more appreciatively towards this genre of rock

Siamese:Fighting:Fish – Breathe:See:Move (2013) Album Review Promo_11

http://www.sififi.com/
https://www.facebook.com/sififi
https://www.facebook.com/targetdistribution

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley: www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Siamese:Fighting:Fish – Breathe:See:Move (2013) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Siamese:Fighting:Fish – Breathe:See:Move (2013) Album Review

Page 1 of 1