BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Aratic – To The Early Grave (2013) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Aratic – To The Early Grave (2013) Album Review Empty
PostAratic – To The Early Grave (2013) Album Review

Aratic – To The Early Grave (2013) Album Review To_the10

Aratic – To The Early Grave (2013)
Violent Journey Records -- Running Time 30:39

I’m not going to muck around with this review because the debut album from Aratic is a short, sharp and very enjoyable ‘blunt force trauma’ to my skull and hopefully yours as well. Aratic are another great band signed to ‘Violent Journey Records’, and yet another band from that hotbed of metal ‘Finland’. They deal in what can simply be described as old school thrash, and for a young band they have captured that retro sound brilliantly! Aratic don’t deal in out and out speed but mix the faster passages with bludgeoning mid paced riffs that’ll have you stomping and head banging even faster than me exiting a Justin Bieber gig, and believe me when I say that would be damn fast!!

‘To The Early Grave’ kicks off with ‘Residents Of Evil’ and my immediate thought was that it sounded a little like Venom, mainly thanks to the vocals of ‘Henri Virolainen’. That Venom feeling remains throughout the course of the album but you can also add elements of Slayer, Possessed and Cavalera Conspiracy as well (hence the ‘blunt force trauma’ reference). ‘Virolainen’, who also plays guitar, is more than ably backed by second guitarist ‘Teemu Täckman’, bassist ‘Antti Hurmerinta’ and drummer ‘Mika Uusivirta’, and together they have put together a thoroughly convincing thirty minutes that would have turned many heads back in the 1980’s. Thanks to the current revival of the thrash genre I very much hope they can turn more than a few heads now as well. Songs such as the brilliant ‘I Am The Night’, ‘Puritanist Of The Black Light’ and ‘Lobotomy Christianus’ are all sure fire winners and should be fantastic live. Don’t even think about any originality though, but that won’t spoil your fun!

So there you have it, a short, sharp and very positive review. ‘To The Early Grave’ = very good and Aratic are a band to very definitely check out because if this release is anything to go by they’ll be around for a few years!

Aratic – To The Early Grave (2013) Album Review Band_p10

www.facebook.com/AraticThrash
www.violentjourneyrecords.com
www.facebook.com/violentjourney

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley: www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Aratic – To The Early Grave (2013) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Aratic – To The Early Grave (2013) Album Review

Page 1 of 1